Why greater drums? just add tinnitus

Yeah, they’re going even harder on preserving the “experience” than they did with Classic. Doing this pseudo patch progression, even on awful stuff like Drums

10 Likes

Just to have clarification wasnt it on video record that Blizzard would change drums as to not have them as a meta, by simply splitting them up into lesser and greater the meta hasnt changed drums will still be meta this " Change" is not what was promised at blizzconline. Given the closed betta is now only 4 days old at the time of typing start working on changing this drum meta now before we get into the open beta so as to have a reliable test of them when the open beta starts. Secondly to truely test the reliability of “layering” and sharding and what not give everyone with an active sub the chance to play all at once rather than in waves, if you want to see how well the product is gonna work go straight for the throttle, make the test go under seveir stress as if the game just launched so we dont have that many issues on day one. Id rather have the problems now in testing than on launch day

9 Likes

Great point. I’m not against the boosts, but arguing they’re all for authenticity when they’re trying to preserve an obnoxious meta (similar to batching) while putting boosts in is… questionable.

18 Likes

thats not anywhere near the same thing…the 1 time boost is aimed so people can jump right into TBC since this is TBC CLASSIC and not vanilla classic.
some people just want to complain. the goal of these classic servers are to relive the nostalgia of the earlier expansions, if you dont like the expansion then why play. move on to another game or go play retail.

1 Like

It is the same thing, If they want to stay true to the original TBC experience, they didn’t hand out boosts back then and they shouldn’t hand them out now.

I’m not affected by the boost, I couldn’t care less if people want to boost 1 time to play with their friends.

They drone on about keeping it how it originally felt but add stuff left and right while touting a high horse. Also the datamined warpstalker mount would like to have a word with you.

25 Likes

okay keeping that logic what level do you play in outland at?

you see where im going here…the point is to be at least 58 so that you can play TBC…

Like I said, I don’t care about the boosts but here is EXACTLY what the blue post said:

“In The Burning Crusade Classic, we want to provide an authentic experience.”

For the sake of AUTHENTICITY (what they are apparently going for) they didn’t hand out boosts back then and for AUTHENTICITY they shouldn’t now to “provide an authentic experience”

19 Likes

What the community is asking is to cut the upcoming Meta no one wants. Even 1% increase will drive people into going LW and drive a new meta.

People simply do not want a Meta anymore.

Just put the sated debuff from the retail from both drum and bloodlust/heroism but seperate bothn buff.
Make those spells raid wide.

This will change the Meta and make less items stacking and class stacking. This doesn’t remove the benefit of having them but just having to have less of the same stuff.

Bloodlust/heroism : The buff is way too powerful and should be a 5 min or 10 min sated debuff.
Drums should be 2 min CD requiring only 1 leatherwoker in the raid.

26 Likes

It’s a change. One I am not against, but a change nonetheless.

New players coming to TBC during TBC had to level from 1.

9 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t force you to hit lvl 2 either, that doesn’t mean making the game lvl 2-70 suck is ok.

They actually said #somechange in blizzcon. They keeping the core idea but changing it as believe it or not many people want some change to maker the game better.

1 Like

And yet developers from Burning Crusade have gone on and made interviews saying that many things should have been changed or not went live the way they did, but because of how small the team was ect they had to pick and choose which changes were worth doing. This is one of those things, same with moving shamans around to have a single group getting lust nonstop.

“Authentic” is what will kill TBC the same way that “Authentic” is what bled subs out of Vanilla. Being forced into LWing as classes that don’t benefit from the crafting component was not a fun or memorable experience for players in Burning Crusade.

You making statements such as Sunwell being “tuned” around drums, that’s a flat out lie because not every single guild clearing Sunwell used drums to kill bosses. However now it will be REQUIRED and FORCED because of the parse culture mentality the game has become centered around. Keeping this in makes the game worse and it validates the people within the community who use parse culture to be a-holes to everyone else. Parse culture was not a thing in Burning Crusade, therefore if you want an authentic experience you should be making changes around ensuring that every single aspect of the BC isn’t revolved around parsing, which means properly fixing things that developers STATED they wanted to change during BC, but just didn’t have the time to do so.

Not to mention that developers WENT ON CAMERA and told the playerbase that they’re done with “no changes” because it’s unhealthy and that they’re adopting the philosophy of “some changes”. Some changes mean it’s not going to be Authentic. So honestly I’d like an answer what it is, did you completely abandon “some changes” or are you just backing out because it’s too much work?

Believe it or not, a lot of us want BC to succeed, we’re not asking for massive drastic changes like regular class tuning or balance. You already said that you’re going to be working on raid bosses to “adjust them”. So if you’re already doing that, why can’t you “adjust them” around not having 100% uptime drums or make drums a raid wide cooldown, same with lust.

48 Likes

I would assume Sunwell was also tuned with flasks/elixirs/potions in mind, so why don’t they require alchemy to use? The issue that Blizzard fails to see is forcing players into committing one of their trade skill slots in order to be able to down bosses.

Make us use drums just like any other raid consumable, at this point that’s fine. The removal of the leatherworking requirement mostly solves the community’s concerns. Obviously, other solutions are also viable to reach the same goals. The key takeaway here is not forcing players to make character-defining choices in order to be able to clear content.

31 Likes

This means that while we are making some targeted changes where we think they’re appropriate to preserve the spirit and intent of The Burning Crusade’s original game design

Except you’re adding boosts which are completely against the spirit of BC.

Absolute drivel Blizzard, lift your game

35 Likes

This isn’t the change anyone was asking for. Its degenerate gameplay just like the World buff meta. Blizzard should be taking steps to make sure the game stays fun with good content. They shouldn’t double down or support this style of gameplay or whatever the hell this is.

14 Likes

The bad version of the drums will just make min-maxing the earlier tiers of TBC less fun.

I don’t think we should prioritize what is “authentic” in this case— I think we should prioritize what is “good gameplay”.

Wrangling raid members to stay stacked up constantly for a drum rotation doesn’t sound like good gameplay.

22 Likes

The community has been very receptive to the idea from the first announcement of TBCC, that we would not be hewing to the mistaken ideal of #nochanges. Specifically, the idea that Sunwell raiders wouldn’t be consigned to 20 Leatherworkers was very popular when changes were hinted at here. Now we see a change of heart just because there would need to be some compromise to find the solution?

If you’re not willing to perform raid tuning, how do you intend to present any semblance of “pre-nerf” content when 2.0 had fundamentally different itemization, consumables, world buffs, encounter design, and gamechanging bugs? How do you reconcile increased power from early 2.4.3 talents/changes across every tier if the slightest adjustments are out of the question?

The only answer I see is that we will simply get defaulted to the easiest path available, just like Classic did. No design decisions allowed, and thus nothing approaching an authentic experience until the final tier. That’s a real shame.

18 Likes

At this point there are multiple private servers that are willing to put in more effort than the company that originally made the damn game.

27 Likes

Do you happen to stream? Cause i kinda want to watch these teams do this, just for 3% extra damage… maybe. Or a wipe, maybe. Or many wipes.

Either way I want to watch.

1 Like

I’m actually starting to think they are still trying to prove “you think you do, but you don’t…” was true. There’s no other reason to acknowledge something will be a problem and will “feel bad” and then purposely do nothing about it.

12 Likes