Why F R E S H is the way to go for BC

See the pvp threads about splitting NA between west and east, now imagine that with a second split for fresh and boosted (and lets face it, they won’t mix the two).

Not that it particularly matters, pvp servers will be 99-1 Horde balanced, and Alliance on pve servers are there for a reason- they’re not as interested in pve. If they were, then the large Ally pops on pve servers in Classic would balance out the BG queues… they clearly have not.

100% agree.

I always prefer fresh servers

1 Like

90% will stay in classic? really? I doubt that, After it comes out for 6 months+, ill be marking your words.

If this was land of the pirate servers, i suppose that might be true.
But this isn’t.

With out knowing the details, which it is way too soon for that, can not really speculate, but depending on how they decide to do a few things
maybe a floating 60/40 split.

I would not count the 1st month or so, just like classic vanilla, there will be a lot of drive by tourism that will eventually taper off.

Personally, because of how outlands opens in 1 zone, i would probably stagger the opening so existing classic players dont just zone into a mess.
Maybe the 1st month have TBC only open to existing classic players that have a level 40 or higher toon (even if they are just rolling new in TBC)
Then after 30 days open the realms to new account creation.

Give the present player base a month to move through the game a bit before elevtenty thousand tourists plop into hellfire.

Much agreed.

Though I agree with having fresh servers I just don’t think blizz would do it. The classic player base is too divided on this topic I think; I would be interested in seeing the results from the survey.

From Blizz’s perspective it would be a difficult call to alienate the large portion of the classic community that does not want to start fresh. As much as I wish fresh TBC servers to happen I just don’t see it happening…

I wouldn’t mind, however, if they announced that they would have rolling fresh server launches (maybe one or two at a time every six months or so, maybe even further apart…) so say the majority of players move to TBC, clear the content but then Blizz launches a couple new servers later, several months after TBC goes live; with half being capped at 60, and the other half of the fresh servers capped at 70. (these servers would not allow transfers to or from them for several months, or until new fresh servers are launched).

Unfortunate side effect to note would be an increase in the number of servers over time, and watering down the population further… but that is something Blizz is going to have to solve again anyway…

Long story short; I would prefer “fresh” but don’t think we are gonna get it; and yet I am satisfied in knowing that.

Classic players don’t want their museum to become TBC.

I wouldn’t be opposed to this idea and you have valid points. On the other hand, I would like to see my character progress. One thing I wouldn’t mind having if Blizzard does not go down the “fresh” route is some sort of gold cap limit.

I would be a bit worried about if/when they announce TBC all of classic then becomes a “farm” for BC.

Theyll just add TBC to existing classic clients and provide different fresh servers.

How is this a 200+ post?

Oh…vanilla fanatics dont want tbc? Lol. Whelp: #nochangestohistory

If you think classic isnt a farm for tbc right now, then I envy your innocence.

They have ‘superior’ private servers for that, I hear.

Well that is true haha. Oh well, farm for BC then.

1 Like

Nah.

They will make money by having people resub early so they can all level up their druids before TBC actually comes out.

1 Like

Everyone knows tbc = warrior Druid combo is top meta by last season.

If Blizz wanted to make a quick million: announce race change tokens prior to tbc launch. Couple that offer with a faction change token.

Boom: count the $ as human paladins with Blood Elf sounding names, explode on the classic scene months prior to TBC release.

I thought they were going to do that anyway.

You shouldn’t be able to just make as many lvl 58 characters as you want. Then people could have every class at max fairly easily.

Oh. Well then. I guess thats why Im not a millionaire!

My reason for being OK with fresh TBC has nothing to do with people who are “better” than me. As someone who doesn’t want anyone coming in and wiping my characters, I don’t consider fresh TBC “bad”. It’s a completely different game than Classic. I know a lot of people want to think it is, but it’s not. It’s that simple.

most of these are opinions based and show little to no facts about half the points. The complete opposite can be said but there are numbers since the game launched without a fresh start when it first came out.

When TBC launched it wasnt a full rest and players did just fine. If new players want the new races they will have to level them as they did back in TBC. This would incentive players who want to level the new races/classes to bring their friends.

Nothing stopping them from joining regardless?

Are they now forcing you to change factions once TBC launches? This would be a first where Blizzard would purposefully hinder/punish players for no reason other than playing their game.

fear of switching has little to do with factions being imbalanced. There are many reasons but a fear of switching I doubt is a major part.

This is how it was in TBC? What about Monks when they came out in MoP? Did all those players miss out on content since they had to level them from level 1?

They can still do this nothing is stopping players from switching at anytime and leveling a new character.

People had 15 years worth of knowledge about classes and players are the ones deciding if something is “viable” your guild is more than free to take feral dps and enhance sham tanks to your raid. Nothing is stopping you other than your own perspective.

Do you have the results from Blizzards survey? If so you should share the outcome it would be good information to get actual data instead of a bias blasting of flawed reasoning.

TBC runs into an issue Classic doesnt where its an expansion of the original. Where Classic had a clear start and end Expansions run into a separation issue. The biggest in my opinion would be how many more servers would TBC take up? Do they overwrite some Classic servers with TBC? do they create more and dedicate more hardware? This splits up the playerbase…which is already split since they already have retail running at the same time.

I would assume they will close some of the more low pop classic servers and reuse that for TBC and allow people to copy their characters this would allow the player to keep playing classic and allow them to move a character they already have into TBC which is what happened on Retail 14 years ago.

We will have to wait to see what Blizzard took away from their survey there could not even be a TBC classic for all we know.