Why even name our characters?

It’s hilarious. I believe it

That’s why wracking your brain trying to come up with a clever name is a waste of time and why I just rng my character names. Most people are only going to see your class and refer to you by it.

I know this feeling. Thats why I attempt to find simple names. I find that if people can pronounce the name and its one syllable long they will call u by it

1 Like

Start making toons that only tank, only heal and only dps and then name them with their appropriate role. Ez clap.

1 Like

Exactly my point…I know our characters obviously arnt real but it’s still nice to not be called “HEY HEALER, I NEED A DESPEL” “HEY TANK” ect

Let’s face it, in the world of MMOs, or at least in the case of WoW, we have become nothing more than slightly more advanced NPCs to other players; a means to an end as opposed to another person with goals.

It’s a big single-player game featuring other people once in a while for most.

1 Like

Abbreviation in the name of expediency.

Obvious reasons are obvious. Get over it.

When they get your name wrong on your driver’s license, THEN you speak up.

This is just whining at its lowest level.

A sad reality…but I do understand…i just wish one of my favorite games (as well as others, I’m sure) didn’t turn into a single player game where other players think of of characters as glorified, dehumanized NPCs. It’s still heartbreaking but I understand

1 Like

People suck , just skip giving them the time of day as well.

Complete the keystone or whatever then never interact with them ever again.

1 Like

Uh. No.
The name is listed right there.
It’s like everyone in the world already has your business card memorized.

Not hard to use names.

I get it if someone’s name is a mess or doesn’t have an instantly noticeable way to shorten it to like 3-4 letters, but for the most part, nah, it’s insane to think that you’d need an introduction to feel comfortable using someone’s internet display name when addressing them.

I see how it is around here…

Fight fire with fire.
If you get called Mage, start beating the enemies with your staff until they call you Warrior.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be stooping to there level tho?

There comes a part in life where we have to just complete the task at hand and disregard the rest.

It would be nice if everyone wanted to interact and actually make things cooler in groups but that’s not how everyone is.

It would be sick for a party of enthusiastic heroes/ adventurers etc but some just want others to rot and care about pumpy pumpy for their twitch chat and that is about it.

Best to let the sleeping dog lay and move along.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice Eridian :smiley:

I’ll give you props if you can say my full name in a dungeon while downing a boss.

Can I be in a guild with ppl that have your mind?

Not telling you what to do or advice my friend, just more like thinking out loud. Sorry to hear you’re having a rough time though friend.

I hope you get solid group of people you like hanging with soon.

The community as a whole needs to be better, blizzard can’t be mother may I and such.

1 Like

Of course dude, there are good people out there but definitely a lot more turds in a pickle pouch out there.

Sometimes we have to make our own magic in life and sometimes people catch on.

2 Likes

You mean like unlike if you’re a tank or healer and the group leader whispers you cold after running a search on /who to try to get you to run their dungeon? I don’t think such a group leader has ever actually used my characters’ names.