Why even name our characters?

Go into a dungeon get called whatever my main role is and not the name I named my character…I know this isn’t a new thing by ANY means but DAMN if it’s not annoying, idk if this is laziness or it’s just faster…I guess if we aren’t with a group of friends then we really are just blank classes that can be replaced

9 Likes

I mean yeah. I’m just that huntard that pulls too many mobs and not enough dps to everyone else who doesn’t know me… Then again I am that to my guildies anyway soooo… lol

7 Likes

i’m sorry this is happening to you.

5 Likes

Meh, it’s annoying but I’ll live

1 Like

I feel objectified

2 Likes

Lol, /10chars

2 Likes

I just get called Druid or Boomie.

Not like my name takes much more effort to spell out!

Never really thought about it though. What bothers me is when my friend uses my irl name in pugs…

Not the end of the world, I have a ridiculously common first name, though it still annoys me.

3 Likes

Okay Priest.

Seriously though, it’s convenience.
If you run a ton of content or want to type something on the fly. It’s WAAAAY easier going, “hey priest…” vs “Hey Zorloff…”

If it’s a bunch of strangers you’ll never see it again, I don’t see it as a problem.

10 Likes

Ya, it annoys me to. My name is Zorloff, if that to damn hard for people just type Zor. I know what you’ll mean AND as an added bonus is this stupid “GOGOGOGO PULLPULLPULLPULL!!!” that should not be a thing…mentality it saves 3 extra letters lol

3 Likes

One of my many priests is named cb and people will still type out “healer”

3 Likes

Tbf, “Zor” would accomplish the same thing

If you REALLY want me to mess you up…
My mage’s name… Dietwarlock xD

SAY MY NAME!

Honestly, if I am in a pug. I don’t even look at portraits. I use my meters to see who is playing what.
I ALWAYS have two up. One for damage, one for healing. Class colors, spec icons. Super convenient and easy.

And when I have 5 toons I need to do 5x heroics on weekly for the 415 items, plus lfr for my mounts, any timewalking, bgs, M+… Strangers blur together and you ARE your class/spec.

3 Likes

are you mad you seem so mad :coin: sips

No, not mad, just voicing my feelings

I mean really……

Have you see some of the names people come up with? I’m not typing that crap out.

2 Likes

A kindred spirit…hello :smiley:

Indeed, I’m not against nicknames.

Sko, Skoz… All fine. All easier to type.

Just remembered something related lol.

In was referred to as Troll one time… It actually felt derogatory. I mean, I’m a big boi and these things don’t even bother me irl any more… but this really caught me off guard for a sec. :rofl:

I was thinking… what did I do?! How did I annoy this guy by zoning in and buffing everyone? I even dropped a pig for everyone to munch!

They were just trying to distinguish between me and the Tauren Boomie in the BG. They wanted us to each sneak up and attack a separate node. We were both very geared.

You know, actually trying to make a plan… Poor lil Skoz got very self conscious for a sec there. :rofl:

1 Like

Awwwwwww /hugs skoz

1 Like

I think it’s because nobody introduces themselves. So calling names right away feels awkward. At least that’s how I feel.

In classic people are more likely to use names, because you have to manually message the group leader and it feels like a sort of introduction.

1 Like

ANOTHER kindred spirit…HOI :smiley:

1 Like