Why even name our characters?

I think it’s an RPG thing not sure if laziness, refusal to read, both or a mix of the two. Why? Well when I played Battlefield 1, 5 and bit of 2042 nobody ever addressed me by my class or with the 2042 game by the character name. It was always by my username or sometimes an abbreviation of it.

In those games I was never called medic, support, assault, recon or scout. Now when it comes to mmorpgs I’ve seen people addressed by their class and that would make sense if nobody uses voice chat but if the name is shorter then the class name it falls back to the first set of possible reasons.

Even worse if they are using voice chat and still call them by their class then they’re just being ridiculous.

1 Like

Exactly /boops

Not to mention, some names can be seriously complicated, especially if you need to type it fast and typing is not your forte.

1 Like

I love how u think Spooky

What a self-absorbed thing to be upset about.

You’re lucky…I’m usually always just called by my race name or get rude folk who call me “Flea bag” at times. I’d love to be called Rogue for once… or hey Foxy works too but nope

Aww /hugs :slight_smile:

I dont expect people to type out noxistra every time they need me, hell i dont even expect nox. If its easier for them to type evoker who am i to judge :dracthyr_shrug:

Im just another rando they will never see again.

1 Like

Lov it!!!
Deitwarlock :slight_smile:

Luckly we don’t type in Old Entish.

Aye, thanketh God

We need last names. Too many good names are taken by people who don’t even play

1 Like

Ya, I agree

because noone cares. the game is instance based now and if you do LFG people only want the loot not friends. the older players have those and guilds thus wont even engage with you. randoms dont trust anyone so your stuck with them and they just want gear.

1 Like

It’s honestly kinda sad

its why I hate the game I’m surround by people but I’m interacting with no one and just forced to do boring lame chores that’s called content and everyone on the forums expects me to be happy about it.

1 Like

You gotta admit, openly saying you dislike something you actively pay for is pretty… lol worthy. Especially when that thing is a video game.

i only paid for a month and im only playing it because im bored and cant find anything worth playing anymore.

Not the route I would have taken but you do you.

Both, and you have those players with accents in their name, some of them are just whack symbols that make no sense.

Plus you get guys with names like I have in my group, Redcoolaid, do I call them Red? Cool? Coolaid?

1 Like