Why even name our characters?

It’s cooler.

lmao.

I hear u…and agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m called warrior or moron or whatever other words there are for dumb. Or sometimes for short riga which I hate.

2 Likes

No, Rogue, it’s not…it’s lazy and dumb…the point I’m trying to make (minus my example with you) is that we arnt treated like PEOPLE. Even though this is a game we still game our characters names. My name isn’t “Healer” it’s Zorloff…your name isnt “Rogue” it’s Foxhound

I know right it’s Priestess Rasari not “Healer stop licking and booping the boss” like the nerve of some people.

3 Likes

Well…I know who’s next on my horde kill list

It’s not laziness - it’s speed - it’s quicker to say “TANK - please don’t pull so many mobs, im new to healing” or whatever. Having to look at names and remember it in the heat of battle is not realistic.

I think taking offense at strangers not remembering your character name is just looking at a reason to be offended.

1 Like

Your imaginary digital character is not a real person and addressing you as HEALER instead of ZORLOFF isn’t laziness it’s convenience, and honestly you’re ranting at something just to be offended.

Exactly/boops

2 Likes

If it bugs u try ignoring them

Example:
Priest dispel me!
Dont do it
Priest!!! I neee dispeled!!!
Dont do it
Omg! Zorloff i need dispelled!
Boom then u do it.

1 Like

All this game is now is convince…if they can’t take 5 seconds when not fighting anything to AT LEAST learn the first 3 letters of players names there’s something wrong

/vote kick

1 Like

I love the way you think Spooky :smiley:

1 Like

That’s pretty much how RPG’s work.

There’s a reason why NPC’s in games like Codworth from Fallout 4 are so rare. Actually no, not even rare, more like the only one to exist, and even then, he doesn’t cover every single name out there.

Edit: oh, you mean with your group? I mean, either unless there’s more then one healer, tank, hunter, etc, a distinction isn’t either needed, or it’s just easier for them to say your role’s name and can’t find a shorthand name for you.

I always type out a person’s name.

I think some of them don’t care, but a good chunk of them appreciate it.

1 Like

And I’m one of them…it’s more of an immersion thing for me if that makes sense

hello there human priest.

1 Like

For me its muscle memory. Priest might be more letter then Zor but I can type priest without a second thought while Zor I have to actively think about it as I’ve never typed it before. Also unless you’re having of the same specs there’s almost never going to be any unforeseen confusion. “Zor” could be someone else IRL nickname and could answer a question directed at you,

Why would u /vote kick them?

Does feel lazy and impersonal when people say your role. Like you’re being treated as a number rather than a person.

1 Like