Why even bother having Roads anymore in zones? Just make Airports

LOL how you even came to that conclusion is beyond me. Do you just throw darts at a board to see what will stick as “most nonsensical reply I can find to troll with?” :rofl:

Yep.

Sadly.

Yep! That’s what I said! And then was promptly called a bot. :rofl:

10 Likes

Way to leave out the entire line for context. But that’s just typical of your forum responses.

2 Likes

What I enjoy is that we have smiliar complaints but we have different issues we point to to why we’re feeling what we’re feeling. This is the problem. The severe unwillingness or spitefulness to make a world built in mind of a player having the ability to fly is the issue, not flying.

They took no attempt to make flying apart of the game beyond going faster, at least not until DF and even then they still mostly just made it go faster you just also have to do a bit more work. It is a good step but it didn’t solve much of anything. You still have no threat once in the air and now it seems you can go even higher into the air. Avoiding all issue.

It is 100% a design issue and one that many players seem to don’t actually have an issue with.

You’re comparing a patch to an expansion. Leveling in BC now is just as anti-climatic. You zone in and boom, you’re in Hellfire. No fan fare, no excitement because you’re alone (probably) If anything you should be upset that the Emerald Dream has been used as patch content over the years and not just its own expansion delving into what actually is going on in that dream of green.

Maybe give using a ground mount only as an option. I’ve done it on several characters. It is fun but flying didn’t ruin the journey either.

Though since you’ve already dismissed that idea from another post

Please no TSA though, my dragon won’t fit through the scanner :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

6 Likes

Prior to Dragonflight, I would have said you were right. Folks on these forums will “debate” things endlessly without ever actually thinking about it, so of course this falls on deaf ears as it always will.
But they have solved a bunch of issues relating to it via dragonriding so… Roads are good. But not necessary to guide or steer players the same way anymore no.

They should one up it and just let people teleport everywhere… instead it’s a mage only thing. :confused:

I thought classic servers would absorb all these no flight people and this topic would finally be put to rest. Maybe Blizzard should open some classic SL/BFA servers for the no flight crowd with flight permanently disabled.

4 Likes

I remember when I first started playing, and flying was available at level 60. The game was still new to me, so the feeling of exploring new zones was there. But I soon reached the point where I established flight paths as soon as possible. I started doing different things in game once I was able to fly. For example, once flying was available at level 30, I started flying around to kill rares, something I enjoyed doing. Flying also means being able to explore much further than I would do if my toon was just on foot. I think the MOP design was pretty good. After you get to max level, you get flight. You could argue that flight should be account wide once one character hits max level. As far as cost, I don’t think there has to be any cost at all. It really serves no purpose. You hit max level, you are able to fly in the new zones. Period. Once you’ve been through a new zone, you already have the feeling of exploring, and having to continue to go slow for months on end is just tedious.

1 Like

You control your character.

You control how you travel. If you wanna be on the ground, do it.

This isn’t some complicated issue.

6 Likes

I fly low and follow roads sometimes if I’m lost.

1 Like

Then play classic if you hate flying.

I play through new zones on the ground. Been doing that in Emerald Dream. But I can mix it up and fly when I want, which is what’s important: I have that choice.

3 Likes

lol

lmao even

Yeah, that seventeenth “collect twelve bear asses, except only every third bear has one” quest really hit different

3 Likes

With the new talent of staying near the ground etc to regain charges + going high speed what not, roads are the best bet if I’m lost hehe

That new talent is pretty handy.

1 Like

then go play a game without flying, simple. the community already had this squabble back in WoD but flying is here to stay

Flight does detract from the game, but it’s a bell that has rung and cannot be unrung the quality of life it adds is to great and there is no way you will convince people that walking is a more enjoyable experience when it slows them down. Simply put, it’s difficult to quantify what flight takes away from the game as the change is subtle, and this makes the more immediate and easily to know quality of life bonus’s more important to the players. It’s sad but, they simply can’t comprehend what they are losing.

1 Like

Yep.

See BFA. See, well hear, blood trolls going G’huun gonna have ya blood! 10000 times later on the road.

No g’huun is not having my blood. G’huun got smashed like the slug it was months ago. and by 2nd season timeframe our champions had killed enough blood trolls them attacking was suicidal at best. They weren’t warriors.

they were people who wanted to end their lives and used us a means to do that.

Which would not be an issue. if they actually dropped loot worth a damn.

I will reset areas on say borderlands games quite often. I will walk every square inch of a map.

somewhere a say pyscho has the item I truly desire. It is just a question of do I kill 5K or 50K to see it drop.

also bl series gives their mobs sometimes funny lines. vice g’huun gonna have ya blood…1000 times. after it is dead.

… flying?
Really?
Out of ALL the issues, flying is why it “doesn’t feel like an mmo”?
My guy, the best thing about this game? You can choose if you want to fly or not.
You want this grand exploration? Go ahead, walk everywhere, no one’s stopping you.
I for one will not suffer having to walk for 20 minutes for a single quest on the other side of the zone because I have a life outside of a video game.

4 Likes

I do personally find that i havnt connected with the Dragonflight zones as much as i have previous expansions and i worry a lot of that is dragonriding so early and through the whole thing. I wish we just had to play through the main campaign once to unlock it, flying doesnt ruin the game but i think makes the initial levelling experience worse

2 Likes

You’d be much better off with eliminating all queued content, than by going after flying.

2 Likes