Why Earthen?

It’s an expansion about underground exploration- dwarves seem a natural fit. I’m not interested, but it fits.

1 Like

Because it’s an underground expansion, people have wanted them for ages, and there’s tons of lore precedent.

1 Like

Oh I have… while watching the “Classic: What’s Next” panel I noticed the crowd was dead silent when Cata Classic got announced :laughing:

I legit feel sorry for the announcer lady they rolled out to do the Cata Classic segment, I could tell she didn’t feel comfortable and wanted to “hurry along” to the next segment/set of slides

I obviously love me some dwarves… but yea it’s a bit out of left field.

Doesn’t change the fact that this is yet another “spit in your face”-situation for the Alliance-players. Everyone who thinks that they have enough dwarves already pays more and gets less value by being Alliance-only. Not a good business plan. We’re clearly the winner again.

3 Likes

It’s really not and I feel hyperbole is the clear winner here.

As an Alliance-player, are you happy in not getting every popular request while we got everything we have asked for since MoP? Is this really okay with you? You pay the same price as everyone does.

1 Like

as a dwarf stan i am personally very excited for earthen, but i understand that they are not a popular race and as such i was surprised when the earthen were announced

i hope going forward blizzard continues adding the iconic races players have wanted for a really long time, such as orgres, vrykul, high elves, etc. instead of making up new races and adding them (i.e. dracthyr, nightborne, void elves, vulpera, etc.)

2 Likes

Uh yea… that’s right.

Such as?

They don’t really impress me, but we also have Dark Iron dwarves, so that’d be a high bar for them to have to meet. In that regard, they were “doomed” from the start in my opinion, but that’s not to say that they are terrible. They’re okay.

2 Likes

We didnt want a 2nd gnome race or orc race either :joy:
And if they followed what players wanted, we’d have dracnoids, not evokers.

2 Likes

on these forums hyperbole ALWAYS wins

1 Like

Zandalari Trolls? Mag’har Orcs + straight back customization, while the Worgen still have no tails and claw attack animations? Nightborne, Vulpera and even the Highmountain Tauren were contested in the communities.

What got the Alliance? One unique human model. A race which was already unpopular to begin with, now with mechanical limbs and diapers. Not High Elves, while their NPC main leader is one. Lightforged Draenei get somewhat a pass. Dark Iron Dwarves were very requested, the only actual requests they got.

We live the high life as Horde.

3 Likes

Why Earthen? Their brethren the “Wateren” just couldn’t hold things together on land.

I actually kinda want water dwarves. I won’t lie. That would be a really weird concept though.

2 Likes

Probably some people in the ancient times but that was when we were spitballing ideas. Although what I can see from the history is suggesting Wildhammer Dwarves because they can be “druids”. :scroll::robot:

1 Like
1 Like

Stoneform/Fireblood are, at this point in the game, the most powerful racials in the game’s entire history.

Go take a look at the top M+ players. If it isn’t a druid or an evoker (which dwarves cannot be), it’s dwarves across the board. There’s also an increasing number of dwarves in the raiding scene.

Personally, I played exclusively Horde since the beginning, but flipped a couple months ago because me having Stoneform or not as the solo tank is literally the difference between a wipe and a kill on Mythic Sarkareth.

If Earthen have a Stoneform equivalent and I can go back to Horde where I would much rather be playing, great.

Or they could just nerf the hell out of Stoneform/Fireblood and I’ll go back to my Vulpera.

But yeah, Stoneform’s level of overpoweredness (is that a word?) has gotten so bad that neutral Dwarves don’t surprise me at all. Assuming, of course, they have a Stoneform/Fireblood equivalent.

Because if they don’t, then there was no point to this at all.

It only became relevant with cross-faction. Otherwise nobody cared enough to play races with op racials, which are basically are Void Elves, Kul Tirans, DID and Mechagnomes.

It required the complete destruction of the Alliance to see the day of the light. The racials were Blizzard’s attempt to fix the balance issue. They should have simply given them High Elves to fix the problem, now they have an even bigger one.

2 Likes