Why dont worgen druids get a wolf form instead of a cat form

given how they already mastered the worgen form i see no reason to not change into wolf form. having worgen changeing into a cat reminds me of playing a kahjit in skyrim who can change into a werewolf, it just feels weird both ways. And they could put in a glyph that would allow people who like the cat to keep the cat

26 Likes

They already have a wolf form

8 Likes

Are you asking for shaman to be added to worgen?

2 Likes

Seeing how the new druids are getting new models (some of them don’t even look like cats tbh), maybe some day old druids will get new forms as well.

5 Likes

if your makeing a joke like “what are you talking about? worgens are already wolves” then haha original, but if you are being genuine then no, they do not have a wolf form. their cat forms kinda look scruffy like a wolf, but they arent wolves

1 Like

No, my man, Worgen are literally in “wolf form” all the time. That’s what the Curse does

3 Likes

the original wolf form was of a wolf, not a mixture of man and wolf, and that is what i was talking about for worgen cat form

2 Likes

There are a few reasons:

1 - Shamans already have Ghost Wolf form;
2 - Lorewise, Pack Form (that’s the official name for the Druid Wolf Form) is forbidden.
3 - Back when the Worgen were introduced, the idea of adding a not-cat as a Cat Form was considered not-good.

4 Likes

The worgen form is a corruption of the wolf form. They ARE in the wolf form. The Scythe of Elune was used to try and help the druids control the form, but instead it mutated into the worgen form we know now. The wolf form embodies the fury of Goldrinn and it has never been tamed. Not even Malfurion can do it. The only thing drinking the waters of Tal’doren does is balance the ferocity of the worgen form and the humanity of the victim. It doesn’t actually fix the worgen form or turn it back into the true pack form.

4 Likes

Keep the cat. BUT FOR GODS SAKE DELETE THE STUPID CHICKEN!

The only reason why I don’t roll druid is that awful, awful stupid chicken. And the only glyph is that almost as bad looking stars thingy.

2 Likes

Old druid models have already been revamped. Their resources should go to revamping the appearance of other things if they’re looking to change anything.

All we need is a glyph that allows worgen to remain in their ‘werewolf form’ while in cat/bear form.

5 Likes

i dont really consider shamans wolf to be anything other than a form of travel and escape. Feral form on the otherhand is a form of combat for druids. Lorewise wouldnt the entire race of worgen be forbidden since the curse is just an artifically modified version of pack form? Also, when has the lore stopped anything from going into the game? seems like every other expansion has something in it that goes against lore. warlords of draenor was only possible due to them attaching some time and space magic mumbo jumbo so we could visit past dreanor. letting worgen turn into pack form would look more like a technicality compared to that whoel expac

1 Like

Worgen travel form should honestly be their running wild racial instead of a immersion breaking stag.

2 Likes

they should just make it like that tree thing for resto druids where you can buy the ability, but it does nothing to help you and just give balance moonkins passive since at the moment your basically shooting yourself in the foot if you dont use it

Cat > dog

But I can see why people would want a wolf form. Shaman having wolf form already would probably make this a bit confusing for some.

1 Like

or a mountain horse with some druid armor. nothing says druids cant turn into horses

1 Like

They don’t have much of a choice.

the alternative would be Druids exterminating all Worgen for the crime of being bitten by another Worgen.

1 Like

the nobles of gilneas almost did that.

I thought shamans wolf form was a spirit wolf of an ancestor or something. also, why can zandalari turn into raptors if shaman already had a glyph that could turn them into raptors?

2 Likes

Lore wise, taking the form of a wolf/worgen is rage inducing.

Something about Goldrinn.

So that’s why nelves stayed away from it except for a crazy few. The crazy few just stayed wolf form till killed cause they forgot their original selves in their blood lust.