Why don't they just allow us to upgrade to 226 extremely slowly via Honor farming?

And the good players, who can easily win at 1500rating with a 200ilvl gear vs 226ilvl players, well just let the good players bypass the honor farming and upgrade faster. Make it so that higher rating, or being a low rated team beating higher rated, gives massive amounts of conquest which helps the good players gear alts back up to 2k+ faster.

And us plebs can slowly grind battlegrounds till we eventually get equal gear.

I wouldn’t mind farming HOURS of random BGs and spending 15000 honor to upgrade 1 piece, isn’t that what blizzard wants anyway? For us to constantly farm?

Because it means that I will eventually get 226ilvl and be able to learn the game on even playing fields rather than getting anhilated one shot every game.

Why is there no progression for us who have been hardstuck at 1500 forever? Shouldn’t the weekly at least been giving 1 item thats higher ilvl, the weekly cache is so useless. It gives us an exact same item that we already unlocked.

The gearing system is ridiculous.

33 Likes

It’s a bigger deal that 226 gear is so much stronger than 207 gear. If the gap in strength wasn’t so huge there wouldn’t any issue really.

But going from critting 5k mortal strike to critting 15k from just a 20 ilvl gap is way too insane. I don’t think it’s ever been like this before.

35 Likes

It would be nice if they did this. I don’t mind farming endless hours of random BGs it’s part of what made me fall in love with the game years ago. I would suspect the biggest reason that would never become reality is because fo the outrage from the PvE community. Outrage that anyone willing to grind BGs enough can get the same gear level as them, and outrage that they have to PvP to get some of their best items. From a PvP community perspective giving anyone the ability to farm the gear out isn’t much of an issue.

To @BigBilly’s point though, it wouldn’t be so bad if the gear gap wasn’t so large. going from dinging 60 to 200 item level you certainly feel your character get pretty powerful. but the gap from 200 or even 207 to 220-226 is absolutely massive. You basically never feel like you’re even playing the game until you get to 220 or so.

7 Likes
  1. Pve players and the structured difficulty tiers.

2. Would lose money on wow tokens/boosts.

3. Win trading. I forgot what expansion it was maybe mop? But people started to strat the quickest way to lose a bg to claim reward and just rinse and repeat all day long between factions. They ended up hot fixing it.

2 Likes

I’m against that for obvious reasons, but they should definitely increase the amount of conquest you get per win after the daily pvp win is accomplished.

Eight conquest per win is a joke, especially if you are playing an alt.

5 Likes

Yeah it makes no sense to completely cap progression behind rating. Make it slow, if they worried about an exploit.

It just gives caual players a better chance to learn PVP at max level, instead of fighting better skilled players but with also signficantly better gear.

1 Like

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong, thats my #1 issue too.

But I’m trying to find another compromise because it really seems they aren’t going to make smaller gear gap levels or something, probably code related. And they don’t want to affect PVE gear code or something like that.

Why don’t they allow us to upgrade gear on alts if you got 2100-2400 on main. You can upgrade pve gear account wide if you have keystone master but they can’t allow that for pvp?

3 Likes

You can upgrade the PVE gear account wide if you have keystone master? That is some hoopla. upgrading gear based on the highest account wide rating would be perfectly fine too. Not the exact result the community is looking for but we would take the bone.

They have explained their reasoning for time gating gearing and, to some extent, it makes sense.

The current system has gone too far though, they’re not going to remove all restrictions so maybe do a mix? All conquest gear should have the same ilvl and weapons should have 1 or 2 upgrades (2.1-2.4).

Have helm and shoulders be the only pieces that are locked behind rating just like in Wrath. This might solve the “boosting problem” since people probably wouldn’t pay just for 2 pieces and minor weapon upgrades, they would just do m+.

Then there’s the problem of how to balance this with pve gear though, what a mess lol wtb pvp stat.

1 Like

Thats kinda how it used to be…like we could honor grind good gear and arena gear based on rating ( wod ) would be a bit better, but the honor gear would still pwn because it took weeks to obtain.

I cant remember the gearing exactly so excuse me if im wrong.

The solution is to downgrade pvp gear in pve and downgrade pve gear in pvp.

That’s how it should have been from the start.

1 Like

Corruption would have fixed this.

Which is extra ironic since 90% of players cant get 1400

I have an idea for the people who do the development of PvP.

Look at the stats and see exactly when the biggest drop in world of Warcraft PvP participation was. Revert back to right before that cause u done messed up son.

1 Like

it would make pve gearing to oeasy

No because bots.

Soon as you make time a factor in gear acquisition bots will be out in numbers again.

I’ve been PvPing since release and this is actually the least fun I’ve ever had in BGs/Low Rated Arenas. Main character is fine, making an alt is pure suffering and masochism.

2 Likes

gearing should be easy, progression should be about improving skill rather than improving stats

either way the game needs a pvp stat anyway, blizz has a number of templates (wrath, mop, wod) they can draw from but cant fix stupid from being stupid

1 Like

Time is Most of the factor why people dont want to play this game anymore. Farming 60+ hours for an alt to be even at a base level to compete in arenas is so stupid. When someone says alt it is probably not the rating requirement on items is also a bit stupid but it def not the killer for most people because they just get it through rbgs anyway.

1 Like