Why don't Tauren join the Alliance?

As long as we agree on the facts, I don’t see the issue in conceding it.
It isn’t a strawman if we accept it doesn’t influence whatever stance you hold.

Which was already covered in my response to Antiman:

Cool. Then my comment was fine.

No, it literally means they have a Bound of Friendship.
It Doesn’t mean they were a part of the Horde. It means they were friendly with them.

Only if you consider the Tauren joined the Alliance when they joined with the Night Elves to study Druidism.

That was literally the Reason Cairne joined the Horde. It was the “favor” which Baine promised Rexar in return for saving him (this is better illustrated in Hearthstone, where you get to play through the story from the perspective of Rexar.)

No, you call other people Idiots because you can’t argue honestly or substantiate your argument with reason or intelligence so all you have is personal attacks.

Also, I was not arguing that ““x is the only way or reason it could happen” and don’t even consider that it could have happened any other way.

I was arguing “This is how it happened” and “This is what the Lore says.”

I Refer you back to your own post, that has the Tauren joining the Horde "After they rescued Baine."

Sure, as was my comment about the Qiraji.

Well there’s a clear difference.

People here are discussing Night Elves and Tauren, including their relationship.
Nobody but you is talking about Tauren and the Qiraji.

I mean, if you want to talk about Tauren and the Qiraji by yourself, go ahead. I’m personally fine with it. Just don’t go yipping about other comments in turn.

I don’t think there is a difference.

No one was talking about Night Elves and Tauren when the original questions were posed, yet you consider that an evolution of conversations.

We can directly see people talking about Night Elves and Tauren right above my post.

Do we see anyone talking about Qiraji here besides you?

And that is your metric then? Should people join in a conversation with me about whether or not the Tauren would have joined the Old Gods if they had helped them against the Centaur before the Horde did, you would find that relevant discussion then?

Even Chronicle makes it sound like the Tauren joined the Horde, at least as allies to call on, in WCIII. It never says the Blood debt was paid or that the Tauren ever said the orcs, and by extension the Horde, were on their own.

I am willing to admit that the Tauren only joined the Horde because the Horde saved Baine, if I can see some evidence of such and nothing that can support many points of view. Without that proof, it is just one of many ways it could have gone down.

Yet did the Tauren ever leave the orcs, and the Horde, on their own, telling them they would not help again? Mainly you are taking this one event, appear to ignore all others, and make this THE reason.

After Baine was rescued was just the most recent occasion the Horde helped the Tauren that the Tauren repaid by helping the Horde.

If the Tauren were given aid by the Night Elves (or possibly the alliance, depending on when the Night Elves joined the alliance) between the downfall of Jaina’s dad and the start of Vanilla, and then aided them in one of their fights in that time, would that mean the Tauren joined the alliance? The logic you are using would say so.

Let me put it this way: What is to stop someone from saying that the Lore supports the Tauren “joining” (more like allying with) the Horde in WCIII when the Horde helped them with the Centaur, or when the Tauren joined the fight on Hyjal? In fact, at worst, the lore states that the Tauren joined the Horde when called on, or as repayment (blood debt) and then left to do their own thing, and nothing says that such could or could not have happened again after Admiral Proudmoore’s fall.

Hell, I am having a hard time finding when the Tauren officially joined the Horde, and, truth be told, in my mind the Tauren, along with the Night Elves and Forsaken, were ones that should have been faction free in vanilla. I even stated that

I can get away with this because, if a blood debt was owed for saving Baine, that debt was repaid when the Tauren helped with Jaina’s dad.

Thats literally all the horde is.

If people want to talk to you about the Qiraji, I couldn’t care less. I’m not here to gatekeep your conversations.

As the discussion has become about who helped the Tauren and who did not it would be as relevant as anything otherwise already discussed.

Again, if you want to talk about the Qiraji, I don’t care. I honestly don’t.
My comment was in-line with what was being discussed in parts above it.

As was my comment saying your comment had no weight. Given that Avacado’s baseless claim was the Night Elves refused to help, which Avacado then pivoted to the weightless statement that you echoed that the Night Elves didn’t help, that is, as my point stands, no more significant than saying the Qiraji didn’t help.

1 Like

Now you’re switching between relevance and weight. Ultimately, I don’t really care about the gatekeeping.

People were talking about the relationship between the Tauren and Night Elves.
Nobody (but you at this point) was talking about the Qiraji.

Pretty clear difference. Now if you want to start talking about the Qiraji, be my guest. I’m not going to get upset if you want to. But the two aren’t the same.

You seem to be missing my point. I’m not actually talking about the Qiraji. The Qiraji are irrelevant. That is my point. Relevance. Weight. Significance. I am quite clearly using them all interchangeably.

That is to say, to try to be as clear as possible, my original response to you was meant to read as:

Yes, you have stated a true fact that does not matter.

I get what you’re saying. I’m saying it doesn’t actually matter (to me). Hence ‘talk about the Qiraji if you want’. If you want to talk about things you consider irrelevant, I’m not going to stop you. In the same way I don’t want people gatekeeping me over perceived irrelevance.

Now, I’ve outlined why I think my point is more relevant (because several people were talking about it very specifically). But at the end of the day, I don’t care if you want to talk about the Qiraji, Draenei, or Dragons in a thread over a thousand posts long.

To be fair, a large number of those thousand posts were about Trolls and Night Elves of all things.

Though, even more specifically it was Avacado and myself, of which Avacado very specifically claimed the Night Elves refused to help.

I just wish some would see that it is hard to nail down the exact time or reason the Tauren joined the Horde. Because we have 2 blood debts, potentially repaid:

1. saveing from the centaur, repaid at Hyjal
  2. saving Baine, repaid on Theramore

Outside of this, we only have the bonds of friendship and, possibly, the idea of the Tauren serving as shamanistic advisors to the Horde, both of which could be like the Alliance, in what is supposed to happen. I.E. they are free to do their own thing but can be called on when one or the other is in need.

1 Like