Why don't Tauren join the Alliance?

I use the term Kaldorei Empire to refer to pre-Azshara too. Mostly because we don’t have a name I am aware of for their civilization before Azshara. Or… Really any information pre-Azshara, which sucks.

Were they? I remember warrior-priestesses serving under Tyrande in the War of the Ancients trilogy, but I admit it has been a really long time since I last read those books.

1 Like

I mean, I would love to, if they hadn’t been left out of the story alongside Valewalker Farodin after Legion.

Azshara was the one who coined the term Empire, though. We do know that there was a pre-Azshara society between when Dark Trolls became Night Elves and when Azshara came to power, and it even briefly came up in Pandaria in the Krasarang Wilds.

But you’re right, I don’t think we have a name for it.

The Priestesses of Elune did take on combat in that trilogy, yeah. In fact, their armor was supposed to reflect the Night Warrior aspect of Elune, which is where we first ever heard the term Night Warrior.

The Sentinels, however, were only established six-hundred years after the Sundering.

3 Likes

Hopefully we’ll see more of them one day. Doing it again I kind of liked some of the characters, and as my first night elf roleplay character was a druid who was formerly Moon Guard I found it pretty interesting.

Fair enough. My point isn’t that Azshara invented the Elune religion or anything, only that all these elements existed in her empire and had existed before it. It was being oppressed, but it didn’t disappear entirely.

Interesting. Thanks for the correction.

2 Likes

There were indeed Highborne and Moon Guard members that turned to Druidism after the Sundering, and some even helped form the Cenarion Circle.

Which rather had me disappointed that the Moon Guard didn’t rejoin the other Night Elves like the Wardens did, or the Shen’dralar before them.

That usually draws dissent from posters who would rather the Moon Guard remain allies with the Nightborne and the Horde through them, though.

1 Like

I am admittedly not the biggest fan of the Nightborne, so my opinion may not hold as much weight as someone deeply invested in their story, but I personally wouldn’t mind the Moon Guard going Alliance just because it’d give the night elf mages more breathing room and narrative presence.

Besides, the Moon Guard re-connecting with the night elves wouldn’t mean they can’t also work with the Nightborne when we’re not doing the “pointless faction war” stuff. They can be another olive branch sub-faction like the tauren are for Horde or something.

2 Likes

Why the hell do Night elf fans turn damn near every post into discussing the Nelves?

You’d think the topic of this post was directly about Tyrande or something.

Didn’t originate from the Kaldorei Empire.

Didn’t originate from the Kaldorei Empire

In fact, most of those things were despised by the Highborne ruling class.

It’s only going to get worse after Shadowlands, when the rabid NE fanbase realizes the Horde is still a playable faction and than they’ll cry about why Tyrande wasn’t allowed to single handle exterminate them all. Slight Sarcastic remark

5 Likes

I am guessing you didn’t bother to read my replies to Amadis, because I addressed your… Erm… “rebuttals” in my post to him.

But if you’re gonna suddenly act like a snippy kid I don’t have much interest continuing the discussion. Have a good day all the same.

2 Likes

I mean, if you want to think pointing out where you are blatantly wrong is “snippy”, then sure… I am a snippy boi.

Back to the original topic:

Orcs and trolls helped the Tauren out despite owing them nothing.

Nelves refused to help the Tauren out despite owing them a huge debt from the WOTA.

That’s why they’re in the Horde.

Actually, the Orcs needed the Tauren’s help against the Alliance and sought them out, and saved Baine to win their favor. So, it wasn’t exactly a selfless act on the horde’s part.

This is false. The NEs never refused to help the Tauren because the Tauren never asked.

1 Like

Not the orcs fault the NEs suck super hard at diplomacy

That’s entirely headcanon on your part and you know it

Um, that’s YOUR headcanon…

YOU accused the NEs of refusing to help the Tauren.

3 Likes

Not to mention, the NEs don’t owe the Tauren anything for the WOTA… That’s actually my biggest criticism for the novels. Instead of having a Tauren hero, Knaak used time travel to justify his self-inserts. Broxigar is the worst character in Warcraft.

You can’t produce a single bit of evidence to support your claim so you’re attacking me lol.

To be fair, this statement could also be taken as you talking to yourself.

3 Likes

I can produce evidence the Night elves weren’t helping the tauren. It’s called the WC3 orc campaign. get over yourself.

1 Like

Your LACK of evidence to support your claim IS my Evidence against your claim.

You certainly can give evidence of that, yes.

That wasn’t your claim, though, which was:

Or, as you so eloquently put it:

4 Likes