Why don't people like new portal room?

I don’t like going to SW. Too many people, so anything where they are trying to herd me toward SW won’t be received well by me.

2 Likes

I like the room. Hate that they removed portals from older zones.

7 Likes

I know I’m probably in a very small minority with what I’m about to suggest. I’d be willing to give up any notion of a new expansion for an updated world. Make it dynamic with invasions and random seasonal quest. I think it would be awesome!

1 Like

new portal room looks great, but they could of kept the other portals where they were. what were they hurting?

5 Likes

Because they don’t like change. Yes, removing all the other portals throughout the world sucked, but people then just trash the new portal room even though it looks amazing.

Blizzard is pissing on people and calling it rain and way too many people are praising them for it.

11 Likes

I love the new portal rooms. I hate that they do not have all the portals we had access to on Monday.

You can like one change while hating another change that was done at the same time. The portal rooms would be so much better if they included the portals that were removed.

We started complaining about this on March 1st, as soon as the changes appeared on the PTR. Changes that weren’t explicitly announced before they were put on the PTR, leaving us to discover them only 1 week and three days before they went live.
If they’d said they would be removing portals when they first announced the Portal Room, maybe we could have had a discussion about it. But the only player feed back they appear to respond to is subscription numbers and play time metrics and I can’t for the life of me figure out why they think repeatedly earning the same rewards over and over again is “fun”.

Instead of listening to us Blizzard has responded with posts that basically appear to defend their changes and ridicule us for wanting portal access to all the same locations we had portal access to before.

The situation has been made worse by how Blizzard has responded to (and now appears to be ignoring) feedback players gave them on the PTR and in the forums.

11 Likes

I’m about to have a heart attack. I liked and agreed with someone you wrote.

It is human nature to be apprehensive towards change, so I am not surprised. I understand the point behind it, still hate to see some of them go. Oh well, time to adapt!

1 Like

It doesn’t show up until you’ve hit 78 or whatever the requirement is to start on the Cataclysm / Mists content though. If you’re levelling up, you used to be able to get there via the portal in Old Dalaran.

I agree with you about the aesthetics of the room, it looks good. But I think they were a bit heavy handed getting rid of those old portals. More choice is not necessarily a bad thing.

6 Likes

I think it looks great!

I just don’t like the placement.

I wish it was more roundish.
Hate having regain my barrings every time I step through the portal.

Blink twice if Watcher is behind you.

It is, but they’re having tantrums about portals being removed from old content.

:clap::+1:

5 Likes

Because it represents the fact that blizzard just doesnt get it. Their rational of trying to make the game feel bigger does actually make sense but how they go about doing it is shoddy, half baked, and gives the impression they dont know how to achieve what they seem to want to achieve(makes them seem incompetent).

So they want to make the world feel bigger but they Centralize all of their content?

So they want the game to feel bigger but every expansion they completely ignore all the zones outside of the new zones?

So they want to make the world feel bigger but they dump all the flavor vendors into 1 area per faction?

What they claim to want and how they are supposedly going about achieving what they want seems to be in total opposition to each other. The portal room is a great idea, but on its own it is an incomplete and haphazard implementation for their desired results.

I wish I could believe they had nefarious reasons for doing this(increasing play time) but I doubt that is it, I just dont think they have any clue how to fix the issues in the game and are just throwing darts at a board.

15 Likes

Sense, do you make it?

There are literally thousands of replies and a megathread about it. You know damned well why, troll.

3 Likes

I hardly think complaining about a changes that require more investment of time no matter how you go about it is “throwing a tantrum”.

And the attitude from long term players who’ve already unlocked some of the better alternative routes is kind of toxic. If you’ve already done the work, good for you. Thanks for sharing the information about it. But I have to ask, would you invest that time on a new alt?

I, personally, find having to regain a faster travel option for some of the removed portals to be tedious, especially when it is something that must be done on every alt individually. I also hate teleportation equipment because it must be equipped to be used and most of them have an absurdly long cooldown you have to wait for before you can use them.

On Monday it took me 49 second to get to Caverns of Time, Karazhan, or Wyrmrest to do anything I wanted to at or near those locations. Now I have to grind a reputation on ever character to fast travel to Caverns of Time, run Return to Karazhan 5 times (which might take up to 5 weeks depending on how lockouts work, I’m still confused by that given conflicting information), and I guess I just start the quest to befriend Chromie and never complete it if I want to get to Wyrmrest… oh, but wait… the promise that portals would remain open if we’re on Legion quests that require access to those locations appears to have been mistaken because portals aren’t opening when needed. :thinking:

8 Likes

Everything in the game is always relevant to the game. Just because it’s irrelevant to ~you~ doesn’t make it irrelevant to other players.

And yes, the removal of portal access is the fault of the people who made the decision to remove the portals and then refuse to listen to feedback.

5 Likes