Why don't people like new portal room?

It’s awesome

41 Likes

had to give up too much for it… :frowning:

96 Likes

The old mage sanctum was tiny

4 Likes

if you’re not complaining about stuff, you don’t get to be one of the edgy cool kids.

53 Likes

It’s cool but they should have kept all the portals, that’s why I don’t like it.

The room itself is beautiful, the implementation is what they failed miserably at. No surprise really, Blizzards motto seems to be 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

89 Likes

The concept is sound, but the Horde one is located in a strange place.

19 Likes

It’s not the room itself. They’re cool and well designed.

It’s the fact they removed portals they didn’t need too.

104 Likes

It’s not that we don’t like the new room, it’s the fact that we lost so much to gain so little. They should have left the old portals in Legion’s Dalaran for example.

34 Likes

I agree with the location of horde one being really strange it belongs more centralized like the drag and I went on my ally mage to check that one out only to find horde group inside camping the portal in spot. Seems strange that horde could use the portal to enter the room tbh.

1 Like

Which portals were removed?

1 Like

Old Dalaran, which removes quick access to the upper eastern kingdoms for Alliance.

Caverns of Time which removes quick access to all those dungeons and raids.

Shrine was replaced by the starting villages in MoP.

Basically they removed a few key and frequently used portals, to make us fly and see the world more. A good idea, but a bad execution, as theres nothing in the world worth seeing.

31 Likes

What the hell did you give up?

3 Likes

A great deal of portals were removed. From the main Pandaria hub and from New Dal… quite a bit was taken away.

29 Likes

Who said so?

Also Uldum portal not far from Caverns of Time.

4 Likes

This is such a non issue. Portals were more moved and consolidated than removed.

Portals that were removed:
Caverns of Time - You can still port there from the lady in Shat or take the short flight from Uldum.

Dalaran Crater

Karazhan - Can get there easily from Hellfire or Stonard

Vale of the Eternal Blossoms - Can get there easily from Jade Forest port or have a Mage teleport you there.

So basically, Dalaran Crater. Which only matters for Alliance, and isn’t that far from Twighlight Highlands or the Arathi portal if it’s up anyways. Stop making mountains out of molehills.

17 Likes

Well, what do you think there is to see?

I don’t see much of anything I haven’t already seen before. Now if there were random events, or radiant WQ, or something new everytime I flew over these old zones, I wouldn’t mind it.

If on my way to flying to the caverns of time, some random goblins in over their head needed help from some angry air elementals, and I got some gold, or some rep, or some kinda small reward from it, it would make the journey worth it.

Things like that.

9 Likes

Are you sure the portals are still not in stormwind?

Yeah Dude. I’m sure.

3 Likes

It’s a non issue to you. It wasn’t for a lot of people. It was also a pointless and unnecessary change that only serves to inconvenience people for absolutely no legitimate gain. It’s another bad change on top of a multitude of bad changes that are just compounding people’s anger and frustration.

45 Likes

these portals added no overhead to the system.

For those getting their jollies in the new portal room, cool. Enjoy. the other portals did to need to go.

Player X is doing the right thing. They are grinding their legion rep for the legion AR races. No whine threads here on the forums. they are doing and not griping.

They are done for the night there. Now on to other WoW matters. To actually go where they want they now go to a capital city, to catch the portal to some other place. This was the convenience of dalaran. Skipping stormwind in the case of alliance to do the other leg(s) of the trip. Now gone…

9 Likes