Why does this game feel so sluggish?

It feels like im always lagging 24/7 whenever i do anything… compared to retail, feign death to freezing trap barely works, and i have to spam it to get results. Just feel like everything is delayed, or is it just me.

Spell batching can make everything feel awful at times but FD and Trap are on another level of bad and for some reason get extra lag compared to everything else.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you :frowning:

2 Likes

Everything is intentionally delayed. It’s kind of terrible.

9 Likes

Godawful spell batching that the lower-IQ members of the community begged for, and Blizzard granted.

“TwO mAgEs ShEePiNg EaCh OtHeR xDDDD”

Totally worth 400ms artificial lag on everything including buying from a vendor. Hope you’re still entertained and enjoying your “vanilla-like” experience! #NoChanges

15 Likes

Still looking for the low IQ people that back this, since the launch of classic I have yet to see anyone defend it.

The no changers that have mostly stopped playing the game were definitely for this, lol.

3 Likes

Does spell batching exist in tbc?

Nope.

It was gone in TBC. The reason it’s in classic is because it was in vanilla.

The reason it was in vanilla is because of the bad internet we had and it was used to send packets of information easier, as opposed to 1 command from 1 player at a time it ships in packages at a 400 ms delay.

2 Likes

I’m probably assuming too much, but it seems like tbc is the better game.

4 Likes

It is

Also with batching, players are the only things that batch. NPC do not batch.

For instance you may start a heal on a tank, as you heal him your heal landing on him gets qued up to batch, but as you land the heal the mob hits the tank for more hp than he has, your heal goes off slightly faster but since the boss is an NPC he skips the batching and kills the tank as your heal hits him.

Since he’s dead you healed nothing but spent the Mana.

3 Likes

Go look at threads from before classic launched. There were lots of them with people calling for spell batching and how great it would be.

Do you mean defend it now or in general?

If the latter, just look at this video and all the comments, as well as the comments on the original blue thread.

1 Like

Batching is 100% still in TBC. Every single issue that’s caused by batching that people complain about here, they complained about for years after Vanilla.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/40005-vanish-working-as-intended/

2007/05/31 01:54:00 AM
I just want to be clear on the issue here. Vanish can be broken by auto-attack and even spells if they land immediately after vanish takes effect, this is an issue that is caused by the client/server latency and can not be prevented.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/318876-warlords-of-draenor-theorycraft-discussion/

Posted by Collision

I know this is a very open question, but is there anything “under the hood” with the responsiveness changes that could impact theorycrafting? :slight_smile:

Celestalon Game Designer #114 - 2014/06/18 07:30:00 AM
I was wondering when this’d get brought up. I’ve hinted about this in the past in a couple interviews… Yes, there was a very significant underlying change here, that may have implications for theorycrafting (though minor).

I don’t want to get too deep into the under-the-hood workings of WoW servers, but here’s a super short version. Any action that one unit takes on another different unit used to be processed in batches every 400ms. Some very attentive people may have noticed that healing yourself would give you the health instantly (minus client/server latency), whereas healing another unit would incur a delay of between 0ms and 400ms (again, on top of client/server latency). Same with damaging, applying auras, interrupting, knocking back, etc.

It wasn’t really improved on until WoD.

1 Like

Here’s the post about spell batching that resulted in us getting this garbage:

Here’s the post announcing their intent to implement Vanilla batching. You can see some names that are still around, those people now claim that Blizzard “got batching wrong” instead of admitting they were wrong in ever wanting an archaic action processing system:

“No-changes.”

The most stupid thing anyone ever said on this forum.

3 Likes

Basically a handful of people whined that they wanted batching so they could occasionally see two people sheep each other and pretended that was skill.

So now the entire game has to feel like it has 400MS lag.

2 Likes

Other newer games exist.

3 Likes

agree, but two things:

1. batching on private servers still allowed fluid gameplay and mages to sheep each other, it was just a tighter window.
  2. classic batching is not the same as vanilla batching in the sense that the clients work differently. Things require server checks in the classic client that didnt require server checks in vanilla which is why things like feign dont immediately drop combat in PvP. this is also why private server pvp using the original client felt really good and classic feels like crap.

Compare the delay to when he uses Aspect of the Cheetah. Listen to the audio cue when he hits the ability:

and that is bassd on what indication from when he hits his cheetah? Can you see his cheetah on his bar? or are you just watching the buffs and audio queues?

I mean are you still trying to prove me wrong on Razorgore mechanics not working the same as vanilla?

Found your answer.

(This thread’s a honeypot).