Why does there have to be a valor point cap at all?

Valor point cap sucks whether its weekly or seasonal doesn’t matter The badge systems in Wrath and BC worked perfectly to incentive players to run as much content as they could putting a cap on the amount of points we get because you guys are too lazy to add more uses for them makes the game weaker as a whole. This one of the primary reasons the original cata was such a failure.

I like the change they made to the seasonal cap, makes alting easier.

I also like there being a cap, so that there is a clear finish line every week and I can go do alts or something else that I also enjoy.

Having no cap would really encourage some unhealthy behaviors at the start of a tier.

1 Like

There was effectively a cap in WOTLK because only raid bosses and one daily quest gave the most current emblem (valor in phase 1, conquest in phase 2, etc…), equivalent of valor points. There was no catch-up either. All lower emblems (e.g. heroism in WOTLK phase 1) were uncapped but are equivalent to current justice points.

A virtual cap is still a cap

Cata had issues. The Valor system was not one of them

Why do you need to be able to farm infinitely? The fear of falling behind is why people hate the infinitely farmable borrowed power systems from Legion, BfA, and Shadowlands

2 Likes

A seasonal cap is a huge improvement over what it was, though there’s very few items on the valor vendor so I would also agree it doesn’t even need a cap.

I expect we’ll see better dungeon currency + vendors when they finally introduce the new dungeon difficulty system they announced with Cata that’s coming at some unspecified time that we know nothing about currently.

New Dungeon Difficulty System

Complex and challenging opportunities to earn powerful rewards can be experienced in a new Dungeon difficulty system that will be added after launch.

Seems like that’s probably not until phase 2 unfortunately since they haven’t even previewed it yet.

This isn’t a meaningful comparison since the valor vendor has a very limited inventory and the gear you get from it is 359 ilvl.

With the catch up mechanic in place we are like 2 weeks off from having everything you need from the vendor already

Unhealthy behaviors like making archeology so broken that someone could do 3.6k solves and still not have half of the stuff they wanted. :sob:

Yeah, every day I capped out 200 troll pieces at minimum until raid launch and got nothing. Think I totaled 800 solves, not nearly as much as a lot of people, but more than I care to ever do again.

Then I looted a 372 Shalug’doom, the Axe of Unmaking and never went back.

it’s because players don’t pace themselves across the entire season, and hurt the income towards end of season.

it’s your fault, bascially.

Yep. Greg Street back in the day already termed these lovely players “Content Locusts”. A shame they’ve become more numerous over the years.

1 Like

game design supported them. so they grew and multiplied.

and the game design accomodated them. accessibility. inclusivity. catch-up. qol. alt-friendly.

Ya because it feels really good to hit your weekly cap and then go to raid for nothing more than a repair bill.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.