Why does pre-patch gear look so bad?

Previously, WoWhead data-mined / speculated that this beautiful gear was going to be the pre-patch mog -

However, now pre-patch has hit PTR and we see the truth - pre-patch armor uses the dog-water questing mogs -

Feels bad man. I was actually legitimately hyped to farm those green mogs and especially all of the green recolors of the weapon mogs as well. Instead we get that dog-water mog we’re going to get while leveling anyways. Really kills any interest in pre-patch if I’m being perfectly frank.

3 Likes

Yeah i mean… pre-patch gear has never really been pretty lol

8 Likes

Eh, every prepatch gear I can remember have been pretty ugly, they’re mostly just some crappy catchup gear for alts more than something cool to hunt for transmog.

Wrath was pretty cool, being a teal version of Pallies Judgement set with some variation, but the others have been underwhelming.

4 Likes

I love how it looks. :dracthyr_heart:

8 Likes

The helmet on the plate questing set is waaaay to big for the rest of the armor. Looks like the big heads code from golden eye lmao

1 Like

Yeah no way that first one was gonna be for prepatch. Looks too neat and shiny. No one should ever have bought that one.

3 Likes

I’m ready.

4 Likes

the problem is not what you look at, the problem is that content is missing, I think more was needed, something that has value, like bags, weapons in all their varieties, mounts.

I don’t know, but this pre-expansion will taste a little bit.

1 Like

:frowning_face:

I think this is the first time in like… ever, that I’ve actually been subbed to the game for pre-patch, as I’ve usually taken a break before an expansion and came back at launch. Guess it was my mistake to buy into the hype.

I got myself all excited, I was planning out what I wanted to play for cloth, leather, mail and plate to pick up all the mogs before they left.

No, the problem is definitely what you look at. These look like :peach: and I don’t want to grind them out.

1 Like

I think the questing gear looks reasonable, you’re questing fighting to survive, not trying to look like you just walked out of the Louis Vuitton store with your nice handbag.

5 Likes

yeah… it’s not much, but it’s not very important what I see.

I would have liked more content in the pre-expansion but… hmm… Check it out.

1 Like

My god that is atrociously ugly. :flushed:

2 Likes

Bad ?! Just playing now an old wow expansion that is lauded as one of the greatest of all time (Wrath classic) … have you seen the leveling/dungeon gear and how it looks ?! These look decent if anything else

4 Likes

Questing? Fine. Prepatch? No.

2 Likes

That plate armor is pretty slick.

10 Likes

I’m looking forward to it myself. I love that plate helmet. It’s gonna see a lot of use on my mains transmits.

3 Likes

I think the pre-patch sets look cool, maybe not the leather one but they look fine.

1 Like

Aw I’m sorry buddy. I do feel for ya. That first set is a good one.

1 Like

Most tier sets look like crap to me.

1 Like

I like em. Especially the leather sets. Wish I could use the green one on my hunter.

1 Like