Why does nobody care that Novas don't break?

I didn’t play pvp in og tbc, but after watching your video, mage makes a lot more sense balance wise. Because with how it is right now novas an expected 4-6k worth of ice lances even if I’m counter gearing RM @370 resil.

This is such a joke in all honesty and just shows that you either A.) Have never played on a private server before or B.) are lying straight through your teeth.

Pservers run based off backported emulation software, and the emulation its based off of (ex. ManGOS) is riddled with bugs. Every pserver has quite a massive bug report list, and many of those bugs remain unfixed or ignored entirely. A majority of the fixed bugs are based off of “guessing” what the “intended behavior” was supposed to be, based entirely off of anecdotes: old wowhead comments, thottbott comments from the internet archive, old wowwiki edits, etc. But make no mistake, the servers still do not run anywhere near perfect, nor anything like WoW back in the day on the original client did.

I mean, take a look at the largest, most successful wotlk pserver (that I won’t name). It’s a bug-ridden mess, with many of those bugs being near a decade old and entirely ignored. Sometimes the devs there are nasty af about it too. It’s just a cash-cow for them because people buy ICC gear/Shadowmourne and pvp with it.

25 points deep in a tree better proc a lot!

Theres not. Theres no evidence of any of it. Pvp happened and theyre salty about it… so theyre blaming it on “bugged mechanics” rather than their own skill, or pack thereof.

Wtf is wrong with you? Stop spamming

I have been pvping on my shaman today. I have sat in every nova for the full duration

Which means you werent killed before the duration ended. Which means there probably wasnt much damage coming in…

People have been complaining about mace stun+ stormherald since OG tbc. I was there… Where do you think the name “skillherald” came from??
Part of the problem is people 17 years ago didnt understand the distinction between the two and, judging from this thread, yall havent gotten any smarter/less salty in the last couple decades.

oh there was damage… I was spam healing myself to survive

Frost bite is in the 2nd row, you only need 8 talent point to get 3/3 in Frostbite >.>

I’m talking about mace spec. You give up crit/double hits for the stun. It is designed to be useful. You are tied to 1 weapon type in an arms spec.

Just because its lower in the tree doesn’t mean its not absolutely broken. Its supposed to be a 5% proc chance, not 55%, which is more in line with what people are experiencing. You obviously play a warrior and enjoy your free mace stun proc wins, but it doesn’t mean jack to me.

Man I always feel bad afterwards when you make these posts and I ridicule you for it… But then you come and say something like “mace spec is a 55% proc chance…” and I just cant… Please stop saying such silly things. I’m really trying to be a better person for Lent and you just make it sooooooooooooooo hard.

It’s not just nova though. Entangling roots do not break when you are full dotted from a lock, fears don’t break when a rogue attacks you the full duration or when the survival hunter aimed shots you.

Sadly people just given up on voicing their concerns as it goes on deaf ears and nothing will change.

1 Like

I do care about novas not breaking, but Blizzard doesn’t care to tweak most of the balance issues in this game so I “don’t care”.

Same thing with mace stuns proccing like crazy. There is something clearly wrong with a proc that should happen once every 20 or so swings happening every other swing at times.

Someone should explain to you how instant attacks work

When I get nova’d in a BG… Never breaks. When I nova mobs that are about to kill my mage… Always breaks.

Maybe have someone run over your hands with a car? Only way you’ll be a better person if you just stop typing.

Seems you’re the one who is consistently losing his cool over an internet forum. To the point you’re now wishing harm on someone else? Imma pray for you bro

LOL. Oh, there’s no reasoning with such lunacy.

The TBC and Wrath servers mechanically talking only about the class mechanics (non base install games) are actually very accurate. I use to play on the Blizzard ATR (arena tournament realm) during MoP this was hosted by Blizzard on the original client on the original Engine. The wrath private servers used the ATR to get the class mechanics 99.99% spot on, and really they did not change much when using the ATR to improve their game.

I know 100% Blizzard had the ATR running till the end of MoP, so the idea that there is any need for the retail engine at all is laughable. the ATR ran perfectly and had numerous client side upgrades for graphics cards and hardware support. IF blizzard gives us the retail client, I am out, this TBC retail client clone is not very good and very badly done.

Blizzard has not gotten it right, and still has countless bugs to correct. Why even keep this path when ATR still exists in a backup format?