Why does DPS think they have try to pull mobs off the tank?

Seriously is this like someway to prove they’re doing good damage?

9 Likes

Got to make you work for your gold. If you can’t hold aggro off a DPS going balls to the wall. Get better.

7 Likes

Bad Dps are Bad.

48 Likes

There’s almost always one while everyone else is just chilling and doing more damage than that person while doing what a dps should be doing.

1 Like

Just keep making people want to tank for pugs less and less.

24 Likes

sorry for sweeping strikes + whirlwind critting

3 Likes

It’s a product of the E-sport mentality. They should break any dps add on because thats what they measure their epeens with. They do not care about groups because they are in competition with them.

6 Likes

just make sure to charge, do your aoe skills and mark skull. if they dont attack your skull, let them tank it and die.

16 Likes

The game isn’t designed around the tank always being able to hold aggro with skill my friend. If you pull aggro as a dps, you messed up. Full stop.

17 Likes

They rolled a dps class so that they could dps. Our job is to allow them to do that. It’s more challenging than retail. But they are not trying to pull aggro, they are trying to top the meters.

3 Likes

lots of bad tanks in this thread

12 Likes

this is the difference between retail and classic. DPS should not go full bore, they need to be mindful of how much aggro they pull, and understand when to back off. Just like the priest spell fade, they need to understand that to much is to much. Let the tank lead, let them keep agro, and you do your job within reason.

10 Likes

I’m guessing the tank role is sort of faded away into obscurity in other games. People nowadays probably don’t even know what a tank is. They just think it’s who has the aggro at the moment.

1 Like

If you are pulling agro from tank then you playing wrong. Pace yourself with your tank, even if they suck.

And until later in the game warriors can’t really hold agro against full on dps. Bear can, but warrior not till later.

6 Likes

But I like shooting my load hard and fast ;( ok bye c u in 5 days

4 Likes

Warrior speaking: dungeons, no big deal. Things die faster. I have tools to save healer which is priority one to keep alive. @60, different story :stuck_out_tongue:

I sunder in defensive if I ever get worried about the deeps.

And where people are accustomed to coop play with tank archetypes, all the expectations can be different.
In WoW alone, if you were to ask 20 people what the top 3 responsibilities tanks have in 5 mans, I would be surprised if any one 1 item is in at least 15 top 3’s.

I never try to pull jack off the tank. Nor a dps who does.

I’ll try and growl a mob that’s eating the healer’s face, but that’s to help keep the group from a wipe, not because of some weird need to meter-hore.

2 Likes

Is this better than “Intimidation”? I usually use intimidation because it also locks the mob in the place for a few seconds.

Once I get high enough level for it, I’ll be using both that and growl if a healer is in danger of having their sack or ovaries eaten by a hungry mob.

1 Like