Why does deathwing have a human form?

Why does deathwing have a human form and Malygos and Nozdormu have High-elven forms, thousands of years before humans and high elves existed?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no real answer. Nozdormu knows the future so you could handwave it away for him, but yeah the others you just kind of have to shrug at it. Blizzard just designed their visage forms first and then included them into flashbacks without really making much sense of it.

This isnā€™t the first time itā€™s happened either, like the flashbacks to the creation of the Dragon Soul in Wrath.

12 Likes

The human race is canonically older than nelves.

5 Likes

Pretty much what Treng said.

Itā€™s actually more confusing that they have High Elven visages than it is for them to have Human ones. Humans are descended from Titan constructs (Vrykul), similar to the ones we see around the Dragon Isles so itā€™s not that far fetched.

Iā€™m honestly baffled that we donā€™t see more Troll visages.

5 Likes

I figure nozdormu may have shown the other dragons some future visions with high elves, but really we care more than blizzard does.

2 Likes

They emerged around the same time I think, 15000 years ago.

Even so Neltharion was using a human form 20000 years ago so humans still didnā€™t exist yet.

1 Like

Humans predate nelves, though I donā€™t know if they were around 2000 years ago or not.

Hell, even the Djaradinā€™s basic shape is more-or-less human. Itā€™s not like Deathwing was being terribly creative.

4 Likes

Because
ā€¦
ā€¦
ā€¦ Reasons

3 Likes

according to chronicle humans atleast were mentioned before even troll were, so it could be that, or simply an oversight on blizzards part :wink:

1 Like

humans even according to chronicles predates trolls.

2 Likes

Gonna need a page for this. The statement I know puts humans at 15,000 years ago, which is after trolls and around the same time as night elves.

The whole visage thing seems dumb to me. It started off as a tool for deception, but then it turned into something intrinsic to the dragon race. Even the Incarnates, locked away for 20000 years have ā€˜humanā€™ forms. It boggles my mind that the aspects have to meet ontop of some tower. If you need to change your form to fit into the gathering location, meet somewhere else!

4 Likes

chronicle have an orderā€¦of events, humans appeared the first time before the ā€œold Kalimdorā€ capitelā€¦one of the reason of the unrest in the vyrkul socieity was the appearing of men.

3 Likes

In general Iā€™m not a fan of how humanlike DF has made dragons. They were never really like, alien or unknowable before, but DF really turned up the dial on how human they act. Iā€™m not a fan of them having a kingdom, or schools, or buildings and furniture sized for their visage forms. They should have some actual you know, uniquely draconic traits in their society. Nowadays it feels more like theyā€™re various races that can just turn into dragons.

Itā€™s kind of funny. I was reading Day of the Dragon a couple months ago and Krasus was seen as weird by another red dragon for liking mortals so much and hanging out with them in his elf disguise. Now itā€™s just how all of them are.

5 Likes

Like I said, post the page/quote. Give a source. This is my source for 15,000 years ago: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=11344/anguish-of-nifflevar

Why, then, are we seeing vrykul in visions that date back 15,000 years?

Wowpedia doesnā€™t list any other date either.

1 Like

The reason is simple.

Because they designed the Visage forms before they nailed down any sort of concrete timeline or the modern logic of Dragons having a singular specific Visage they use.

Originally it was just a form they adopted. Now, thanks to Visage Day being a thing its more THE form they adopt, so it gets funky logically to justify.

1 Like

here, with page :wink:

2 Likes

It isnā€™t entirely for deception. Even in vanilla, we see Nefarian using it to show off his personality, and in a similar way to the dragons during Dragonflight.

Though I do find it somewhat strange they chose to use visage forms for Dracthyr at all for any other reason than for being able to see armor/transmogs.

At this point should they take the appearance of a Vrykul then before Humans?

2 Likes