Why does Blizzard hate Beast Mastery

And Bm/Sv pets are needed for damage or focus regen That part of their toolkit… They also don’t do a lot. They are dot at best that can easy be cc and/or killed. Then you have wait 4sec to revive if you not interrupted.

Let put Rouge stealth on a 1min cd and vanish has a cast and can be interrupted.

1 Like

lol you looked up the logs for a toon with 4 mythic dungeons because i disagreed with you. how do you justify this childish behavior?

I looked at your logs because you said something very wrong (stupid) and I wanted to know how bad you are at the game to believe more than half of the BM damage comes passively.

I also said that I hope that is not your main, because if so you are really bad and should avoid voicing opinions regards balance issues.

5 Likes

Post main or gtfo pleb.

3 Likes

I use auras now, but back before I did- seripusly, the default UI for BM is horrible.

Always easy to spot the good and the bad BM hunters. Good BM hunters could kill stuff nobody on the game had any business soloing. That was before they added a few seconds to pet resurrect though.

It’s still capable of some insane soloing now if you have animal companion as the 2nd pet usually holds aggro until you done rezzing the main one. I was soloing the big guys in the maw at lvl 50 during the into quests.

For the toughest stuff, AC is actually really bad for soloing. You want to use a ferocity pet to solo with due to leech, but AC has a hidden damage reduction component to help balance it out. Since you main pet does less damage, that means it is also receiving less healing from its leech. While the 2nd pet can hold some agro, it also can’t use pet abilities and isn’t nearly as survivable as the main pet.

The end result ends up becoming for the most difficult soloing encounters your pet dies more than it needs to so you spend more time casting rez pet instead of just killing the boss or doing possible mechanics.

1 Like

Short Answer: Ion plays a Shaman, and wants hunters to be so bad that no one else in his guild uses a mail class. That way instead of just “gifting” the pixels to himself via forcing one of the DB administrators to do it, he can instead force his employees to carry him through raids and have less chance someone else can take his precious MAIL gear.

Its Ion’s fault.

1 Like

Because there not melee

They don’t hate BM, they just know it’s a naturally popular spec that will likely have high representation regardless of its performance. Couple that with the fact it has a 100% mobile damage rotation as a ranged spec and you can assume they deliberately keep it below many others.

I am not saying it’s the easiest spec in the game. There’s a handful that are easier. However, if it was outperforming many other ranged specs there would be little reason for min/maxers to play anything else.

All just my opinion, of course.

2 Likes

Wait bm is the only viable hunter spec in pvp arenas and it’s a meta spec on para with warrior and monk damage

Check the date of the post. That was prior to 9.05, well before BM was seen anywhere close to meta. The venthyr and legendary buffs really helped BM out a lot in arena.

Bm is in a great place atm it’s meta in pvp 100% as for pve idk as raid but dungeons I top the dps.

I like BM right now because I can basically mash my keys and run around and do decent damage for the content I’m doing.

1 Like