Why does blizz insist on forcing people to nolife WoW to get r14 gear?

Can you share with us your play schedule and how you achieved that?

Many make it out that you must play 16+ hours a day to achieve 14.

That’s a general measurement. It really depends on your servers brackets and how your q times are. Ally on my last server capped br1-2by Saturday-Sunday and could take a day or two off. Horde on the other hand had to play 18 hrs a day if they were a team that couldn’t win games fast

Well - to be fair I did 14 quite late in the piece when it wasn’t anywhere near as bad – but I was ranking up to 12 before anyone on our realm had achieved R14 yet – right in the heat of it.

I played a lot to get to rank 12 - pretty much non-stop from the time I got home until bed time. For R11 and 12 I also came home for 2 hours once per week on my part-time day.

On weekends I only played about the same amount of time as on weekdays, unless I had some reason to think I was behind or was going to be.

I’d have gone for Rank 14; however, it was unsustaintable during the school term. When I started I thought I might go for rank 7 – then it went to 10 and then to 12. If I’d timed it so my final push was during the school holidays that would have been smarter.

My advice is that if you want 14, wait till after the initial rush is over. Caps are much lower. My rank 14 was easier than my rank 12 was because I did it later.

That’s what all these types of posts ever are.

Certain people would rather cry for the world to adapt to them rather than them adapting to the world. Blizzards greatest mistake was catering to the likes of them.

2 Likes

Thing is, everyone is an R14, end game raider, multi glad with a rich and fulfilling personal life - on the internet. lol

I mean I work at NASA 100 hours a week, have a supermodel girlfriend, and achieved R14 and world first naxx during my lunch breaks. Just get good.

1 Like

Honestly, I enjoyed the rank grind. I stopped at rank 11 just because I ran out of time, but it was an interesting experience. I obviously didn’t do it with the level-fast tryhards when the game launched, of course. Who wants to play with that type? But I found level 60 AB to be a lot of fun and it was a fun thing to do during the pandemic.

I don’t think it’s the grind itself that’s the worst thing about it. As with most things WoW-related, it was the people that was the main problem. AFKers and other cheaters as well as toxic behavior in the chat.

We can never really have nice things because the people who were raised by wolves can’t be mature enough to handle them.

1 Like

Well - part of how I achieved it is that I’ve done Molten Core once and half a run of ZG during the entirety of Classic in terms of raiding – so that took up no time for me.

that is the very definition of Rank 14

maybe you should play something else

I am so curious what server u rolled bro

Just make the PvP gear require flat out honor. Like 600k honor. Which would take forever. But you could make it doing something fun, like farming people in world pvp. Instead of having to do AV to make the most honor within this small scale of time to be ahead of everyone else. It’s just not fun. I’m fine with a grind, and it being really hard to get. But make it hard to get in another way lol.

2 Likes

I mean the answer is simple. To keep players who choose the pvp route to keep playing. How else do you expect them to keep a pvper intertained when you only had 2-3 BGs and world pvp from time to time?

Its not like pvp has 60 levels of content, multiple dungeons and raids to experience.

But make it fun though. It’s not fun. It’s just long and boring. I think I’m actually going to try to see how far I can rank this time around by just ganking people doing quests and farming. That’s fun. But playing the game in a way that’s fun is less rewarding than playing the game in a boring way for some reason. Idk. It’s like the game is a job

Your not wrong, but blizzard has always been more of a fan of using arbitrary time gates and forced monotonous play instead of doing all thay extra work to make it fun.

It’s a game. You don’t have to do anything. I have alts I only craft on. I have alts I only gather on. I don’t have a character on any server where I have ever raided . . . I don’t enjoy that aspect of the game, so I don’t play it. The downside is that I don’t have any raid gear. I push ranking to rank 10 so I can have the blue pvp set - it is adequate to compete effectively in battlegrounds. The game isn’t designed to allow everyone to get everything . . . unless you are silly enough to give your entire life to it. Most of us enjoy our time and Azeroth, have fun, and don’t want the game changed to satisfy some nutcase.