Why does a spec with all physical damage have zero ways to handle high armor targets

I hit about 40-45k burst on a pvp dummy in 4 seconds, only to try it in some random bg and deal around 40% less

Using the reprimand bug actually makes it feel normal.

Thats crazy its almost like a lot of your abilities/talents have different values in pvp from pve to prevent you from instant killing anyone. But no, it couldn’t be. Also shadowstrike goes through armor, shadowblades goes through armor, and I’m fairly certain you have some passive that makes you attacks ignore 40% of the targets armor.

The spec with all physical damage and no way to bypass armor is outlaw.

The reason is because expose armor and baseline rupture/garrote were pruned since developers do not play the game and thus have no idea about how it works.

2 Likes

Not that I disagree with anything you’re saying, but it is hilarious coming from a mage.

Honestly armor seems like a pointless system now with everything that has changed over time. They should almost just remove armor and balance all damage assuming it doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Well nothing about what I said had to do with class balance, just the various ways rogues ignore armor. Not sure if you mean because all of my attacks ignore armor, but I was more knowledgeable than the OP it appears so I figured I’d share the rogue stuff.

Wasn’t really going for class balance - more on the front that you don’t really deal with armor in any way.

I generally agree with the sentiment though - if they gave us more ways to ignore armor they would just nerf damage to compensate. Edited my first post to clarify - armor just seems outdated now. It all made sense in classic where certain classes were intended to counter others or where there were more abilities specific to countering armor.

As it is now armor is what it is - it’s not like an armored target creates any unique gameplay.

100% TRASH GAME DESIGN BY ACTIVISION BLIZZARD.

Bleeds and poisons do not interact with armor,
Shadow + nature damage does not interact with armor,
Outlaw has about 1% contribution to damage profile from wound poison.

Then its a good thing you are playing classic where they don’t exist. :slight_smile:

Yup, and Soon™ TBC.

He’s talking about Outlaw. Combat is probably in a worse spot during TBC than Outlaw currently is.

To say Soon™ TBC in an Outlaw thread is just griefing, you either play Sub or don’t play Arena and the entire class is garbage in PvE. What a great expansion for Rogues. :rofl:

Combat is actually really good in TBC, just gotta be good to play it.

2 Likes

Skill and TBC don’t mix very well.

Combat has no skill ceiling for PvP and the only decent build it had the entire expansion was Mace Stun and that relied entirely on RNG.

Combat had bad damage and no Shadowstep so there was just no reason to play it.

1 Like

Then you don’t know what you’re doing.

2 Likes

It’s really amusing when people make claims like Classic and TBC took more skill when the game was incredibly slow paced with low CC and small class toolkits.

Doesn’t mean it’s bad, just that the gap between good and bad players is nowhere near what it was in later expansions. Doesn’t even come down to opinion it’s just a result of the games design. Players had less tools to take advantage of during TBC.

1 Like

Its a game of chess, even now, well now its more like checkers, but still you gotta actually think about it. This is and always has been a turn based game in a lot of ways. Its something you will hopefully learn some day.

And that’s just flat 100% wrong.

You have no idea what you’re on about.

2 Likes

You could be met with hard numbers and still disagree with them, the TBC diehards are just living in an echo chamber.

I played multiple classes back then and every expansion since. With absolute certainty I can say that Vanilla and TBC were objectively easier games to play in PvP and more so in PvE.

To say that Combat was good back then just shows you didn’t play TBC or are incorrectly remembering how the game really was.

2 Likes

And that’s meaningless if you’re not any good. You can get Glad playing Combat in TBC, its not impossible. Its easier to get Glad playing Mutilate or Sub, but its still possible with combat if you’re not crap.

In other words, its not bad.

2 Likes

I’d take vanilla rogue over the current iteration any day. The class felt solid, good to play, pacing was pleasant and things just made sense.
PvP combat at a whole made much more sense and felt smoother. Now we have a spastic ballet where you may die or kill in a gcd to random occurrences but deal no damage outside of your cooldowns. Yet on the other spectrum fights can drag on for ages because of the infinite sustain some classes boast.

3 Likes

It really is more pleasant to play, and the depth of class is crazy, there is so much I had forgotten, it makes you a far superior rogue.

1 Like