Why do you think they changed the Sin'dorei?

And I am just wishing elves were not playable at all, makes little sense for any of them to be a part of either faction.

The only elves who have a remotedly good reason to be a part of a faction, is argueably the Blood Elves, and that was because they needed manpower and resources to join Kael’thas in Outland… until they found out he was crazy.

But even then I think they could have done without.

Elves should never have been playable. But for now, we can all enjoy this barechested Night Elf that I have.

1 Like

I just want to say this made me laugh so hard.

2 Likes

I’m in agreement. The Night elves should have been friendly to both sides after Hyjal, and the blood elves should be wary of both sides due to Garrithos and the new Horde having a large troll presence.

And it’s not even like I dislike the Blood elf characters or think they did that bad of a job integrating them into the Horde.

1 Like

Blood/High Elves should have been playable on the Alliance in vanilla.

People like elves. It’s crazy to not have an elf race of SOME kind.

But Night Elves? I know Blizzard didn’t want to go with the more typical type of fantasy Blood/High Elves generally represent, but WC3 Night Elves were established as their own faction. And individually on the level of immortal demigods who had the personal favor of even more powerful demigods. Forcing them to share the spotlight with a lager faction resulted in them losing much of what really made them unique and impressive to begin with.

Much the same reason I don’t think Forsaken should have been with the Horde. Should have been Goblins instead.

Not that I think either should have been absent from the game or it’s narrative. Rather, I think they would have been better as “allied races” that provide each faction a reason to be interested in the other continent, provide a hook for questing/stories, but because they’re unplayable, they maintain that kind of distant unknowable-ness. They also wouldn’t be dragging each of the factions into war constantly.

2 Likes

Alliance bias ruined the bloodelf lore. Alliance stole the Kil’jaeden kill at the Sunwell. What should have happened is that Kael’thas should have remained the leader and then we kill Draenei together. Especially Velen.

Nonsense.

The last Alliance/Belf combined story beat in WC3 was the Belves fleeing the execution order that the Alliance and Kirin tor were about to carry out.

There shouldn’t even be a major high elf presence in the Alliance after that, realistically.

1 Like

BS. We don’t need the alliance anymore. The Horde is our friends and it is a good damm deal. Death to the Alliance. Avenge the Sunreavers.

1 Like

Blizzard can and has and has pulled all kinds of shennanigans to explain why people that have been at war and would logically seem to despite one another end up on the same faction.

Even if they didn’t have Blood Elves join the Alliance/Horde, there’s still zero argument against having the High Elves that were/are still members of the Alliance not joining.

1 Like

The Alliance is better in everyway.
You should bow to their greatness.

You’re not wrong, but I’d argue the Scourge attack was an indirect consequence of all this. The higher ups responsible for this decision-making all ended up dead at the hands of an Alliance prince gone bad, and in its self-imposed isolation QT wasn’t nearly as prepared to deal with the Scourge as it might have been.

3 Likes

Blood Elf: Doctor, I’ve been using demon energy, and bits of me are starting to turn green!

Orc Doctor: That’s a perfectly normal reaction.

4 Likes

You are spoiled kids. You deserve nothing but dead leaders and destroyed cities.

Yes but everything we have is better.
So you know. U jelly thats all.

The Alliance will fall and the Horde rule over Azeroth supreme. It is inevitable.

All I hear is pure unfiltered jellyness.

You are wildly overstating how edgy the blood elves were in either TFT or BC. Even the Illidan novel mostly paints Kael’thas’s descent as the result of desperation. In TFT the sin’dorei are basically joining the Illidari out of that same desperation because people are keeling over and the local human potentates turned on them.

Warlocks, outside of class trainers, had their base in the city’s slummier parts (as is the infamous leper gnome sweat shop).

The main source of edge was Paladins, really. And if you don’t play Paladin your interactions with them are mostly that they’re secretive and shifty.

Questing in Eversong is mostly about people fighting the scourge and coping with the aftermath and what it did to the people and the forest, even mana tapping when you get down to it is about not keeling over and keeping going in the face of one of the worst hands a WoW playable race got dealt. “The OG sin’dorei” as cackling maniacs is a mirage that only ever existed in the rpg.

At the end of the day blood elves were still going to be elves, edgier individuals like that questgiver in Azshara were never going to define the race. The maximum edge version of blood elves that lives rent free in some people’s heads would have required a lot less of their story arc to be focused on the desperation of post-genocide survival to land without making people hate BC’s lore changes even more than they already do.

5 Likes

This is a good point. Anasterian and the entire Convocation of Silvermoon, along with seemingly a large portion of the nobility given one of Lor’themar’s comments, were killed in the Scourge invasion, and they would have been the ones making the decision to leave the Alliance post-Second War. The reason Lor’themar was made Kael’thas’ regent, despite him previously only having been the Ranger-General’s second-in-command, was because literally everyone else of note or rank above him aside from Kael’thas was dead. Kael’thas himself had continued to be involved in the Alliance as a member of the Council of Six, in contrast to his own father’s decision to withdraw, and even Sylvanas as Ranger-General was opposed to Quel’Thalas being isolationist. I’m not aware of any evidence that Lor’themar, Halduron, or Rommath were personally in favor of the decision to withdraw from the Alliance, not that they had any power over the matter anyways.

4 Likes

All the damage that had been done to them by the Horde races paled before what was inflicted on them by one Alliance Human Prince. Let’s not forget the greater perspective here.

Arthas killed 90 percent of the population and left the survivors to die of a wasting disease. The Horde never came even close to that. Not to mention a Lordaeronian Captain who pretty much tried to drive the rest to extinction.

3 Likes

Why is it that Arthas keeps getting thrown at Alliance’s collective feet.

But Garrosh or Sylvanas are singular problems and not representative of the Collective Horde?

7 Likes

Garithos tried to finish the job Arthas started. That is the fault of the Alliance. If you want redemption for that you just should surrender Jaina and Vereesa to us so that we can kill them for what happened at Dalaran-.

1 Like