Why do you queue?

I see so many people posting about how awful their play experience is in arenas (and I agree, they’re in a horrible place right now). However, most of these same people continue to actively play anyways. What makes you guys continue to queue games?

• Are you hoping it will get better, and you want your gear/exp to stay relevant?

• Do you just really want the xmog?

• No other games interest you?

• You’re hopelessly addicted and just can’t stop no matter what?

• Someone has a gun to your head?

I’m genuinely curious.

idk I just dinged on my ret and I’ve been spamming skirmishes to see if I can 2v1
every season I look at cosmetic rewards, be it armor/enchant or tabard and weigh up if I cbf grinding/if I’m washed up at the time etc. this season literally everything was horrible so I just got enchant and quit qing. Played around on a few alts but I’ve had fun in m+ the last week or so plus I’m reliving my child hood and I genuinely like battlegrounds again (?)

but yeah I’ve definitely qued many many seasons because I’m an idiot, think it’s lack of IRL things to do at that time of night i.e. no actual work/study and I just log into wow. If I had more fun things to do, I 100% do it but when life is slow it’s my go to.

get yourself a nintendo emulator! nothing beats pokemon nostalgia

A and C.

Wish the game was as good as it used to be. It has the potential, Blizzard just withholds the things that could make PvP great, and I just don’t get it. Hopefully they come to their senses and disable PvE gear, add vendors, and tune regularly instead of leaving us with a bad meta for an entire season at a time.

But that’s just wishful thinking.

2 Likes

I’ve got a 2ds and a switch, I’ve been playing heaps of FFX and FFVII lately

Friends, other games don’t interest me enough, and I thik I run a fine line between obsessiveness and addiction. For example I used to take way longer breaks from WoW but after getting my first R1 I now force myself to maintain the streak as long as possible which makes me play in times that I’d have probably quit

But overall I love the game even when it’s in a state that makes me sad, I just want to see it do as best as it can.

2 Likes

I play because I hope that maybe one day blizzard will take in consideration what the community has been pleading for and that’s to fix pvp atm.
I play because of friends who still play.
For the hope hat it will get better.
To just try and have fun (ya hard to believe right?)
I generally don’t care about my CR, I just like to q and play the game.
Gives me something to do :slight_smile:

I quit queuing after 20 something 3s games. I have a really good win % at 2100-2200 mmr and could care less. It’s not fun watching fire mages and destro locks turret in the middle of a map, while also being STUPID tanky. I especially can’t stand how cancer shimmer is. RMP is insanity. It’s not fun.

Then I get bashed for only being X rating in this god awful xpac when I’ve been 2200-2400 since WOTLK every single season.

And they put all the PvP vendors inside the current raids.

LOL u ok my Greek bro it’s ok bro

Because it’s still funner than raiding.

For a long time I would tell myself that there is no other arena mmo out there that could satisfy me. Which is actually true to this day.

But after multiple expansions of blizzard ignoring the arena community, I stopped believing the BS excuses they would give us about why they didn’t do this for pvp’ers or why this change was staying for pve’ers.

Eventually I just got tired of watching the pros of this game make insanely detailed, and well thought out feedback, just to have it tossed in the waste bin.

Honestly, it was a combination of RL demands picking up speed and WoW just getting worse and worse that led me to quit in January of this year.

Looking back… as we progressed from MoP to WoD, I was very happy to be able to get BiS pvp gear by only doing pvp. To me this was the perfect system.

-Everyone on a level playing field since all the BiS gear was equally available to everyone (without having to pve)

-Rerolling was a breeze later in the season. Catchup cap meant full gear if you spammed arena games.

-Did I mention not having to pve to pvp?

Then, for literally no good reason at all, they decided to fix something that wasn’t broken. They changed something no one asked to be changed because they thought it would increase the playtime metrics of pvp’ers.

They try to claim that they don’t like how pvp gear can be good in pve so that’s why they changed it. BS! Back in WoD all the pvp gear had an effect that increased its ilvl by 30 whenever the player entered a pvp instance. That meant that if you were in a raid your gear would be 400 (example) but once you entered a BG or arena it would shoot up to 430. It was a simple yet brilliant way to make pvp gear BiS for pvp while not having it be BiS/impactful in pve.

You can give me any excuse blizzard has used to justify their awful gear changes and I will debunk them.

TLDR; I don’t have time to farm the pve gear/neck level required to be on the same playing field as everyone else. If gearing was like WoD I would probably still be que’ing.

2 Likes

They’ve been trying to streamline gear and everything in the game.

Literal homogenization prob because they don’t like from a unified design aspect.

They were the same way with spells for the longest time, refusing to tweak coefficients and potency if abilities in pvp because they didnt like the idea of 2 tooltips for everything.

Its this same reason that they decided ti make everything 50% instead of specific trait tuning.

Now we have a scaling effect that no one knows about and spells that act differently anyway in pvp.

Blizzard just has too much pride, which is dumb since they arent the same blizzard