Why do YOU play a warrior?

Because it’s the only class that has the strongest links to the Blademaster

“What tasssk is thea?”

Boy do I wish rogues could use 2h swords x_x

4 Likes

For me its all about class fantasy. I love the idea of the massive barbarian wielding a great axe or sword delivering massive blows. Granted we dont deliver massive anything but burden on our healers.
So for me in short its the look.

8 Likes

Minus the blade part i feel ww monk captures blademaster far better

Thematically speaking and to a certain extent gameplay-wise, I wholly agree.

What shackled me to Arms though

• Monks don’t use their weapons in combat
  • Just about every Blademaster in the game is considered an Arms Warrior, judging by their abilities :frowning:

Two that leap to mind are Mazuru and Galvangar

4 Likes

I play warrior so I can be arms and have cool animations.

3 Likes

I play survival hunter cause I’m an arms warrior with a pet.

I also play unholy dk because I’m an even more badass warrior with a pet.

3 Likes

Your mastery is literally a passive heal. You know what arms is right?

2 Likes

Worgen is my favorite race, but I hate the model. Played a human hunter forever, then race changed to void elf (all marksmanship).

When they announced Worgen would get an HD model in 8.2.5, I created Artie. Upon deciding the class, I contemplated another Hunter.
However, the burnout of playing the same class since WoD is real, and also, I cannot stand the idea of a giant muscular werewolf using a bow or a gun.

I tought: “If I, a human who is in a bad shape, got werewolf powers and super strong muscles, what would I do?”

“Grab two giant swords and swing them in a wild frenzy of animalistic rage” was my answer, thus, Arthorus was born.

In my server there is a small, niche, RP community. So Artie is a regular guy in bad shape while human (spec into Arms for RP) and super strong and wild as a wolf, being able to hold two swords. That’s why I’m a warrior.

9 Likes

I play warrior because I’m in love with a ghost. I play warrior every day hoping they will make changes to arms - to return it to a state of former glory. And every day I’m disappointed. But my love of that ghost is strong. It keeps me coming back. I hope one day I will realize that the class/spec I loved is largely dead and gone.

9 Likes

In a world rife with magic, those who thrive without are where strength meets its zenith.

3 Likes

Lately i have been doubting my warrior… i miss magic sometimes… but then i go magic and i miss my sword lol

I like tanks, and post-wotlk Death knights feel terrible. I really liked WoD Monk, but they changed that too. I’ve never been a Druid, Paladin, or DH fan.

If they brought back Wotlk style Death Knights, I would return to DK again.

2 Likes

I play a warrior because I am a Wizard it’ll and want to hit things.

Because I’ve been playing one since vanilla and I’m too stubborn to reroll despite having every class at 100+, even though I hate the modern design of warriors and despite them being kinda crap in pvp.

I like playing my Prot Warrior solo in PvP for the challenge of it. Self Healing? Lacking. Immunities? Unh-unh. Multiple low CD CC breaks? Nope. Still gonna rumble? Yep.

2 Likes

Well, it’s a long story, but I’ll give you the short of it.

See, when I grew up, it was expected I’d into public service for Gnomeregan like all my family before me. So, I entered the Mage academy and began my training. I was expelled after some unfortunate incidents involving chicken nuggets.

My parents were disappointed, but they pulled some strings to then get me accepted into the vocational school for scouting. I made it almost a year, but ended up being kicked out because I couldn’t keep my voice down.

Having exhausted the two main options for high society Gnomes, my parents were admittedly at their wits end. In order to push the embarrassment out of the light in the social circles, I was sent to live with a family friend in Ironforge. He taught me to drink and have fun with all the flair of a Dwarven drinking champion. And, I was taught how to fight by some of the best dwarven warriors you could ask for.

16 Likes

I’ve played warrior’s in past worlds, from Everquest and Final Fantasy till WoW came out. I did a bit of tanking in Final Fantasy and once asked the question why did I pick a warrior. My only response was that I saw a poster in my capital city that said “Take up the sword and shield” and “I want you”. I got a few laughs from what my answer was but in reality why I play a warrior. I love the role what the warrior represents compared to other classes. We are the first ones in and the last ones out.

2 Likes

Mainly for fury. I think maining fury warrior in this current tier is some of the most fun I’ve had in retail WoW in years. I hate classes with pretty much mandatory down-time. I hate classes that feel clunky when it comes to rotation. Fury fills the niche I was looking for and it’s been super enjoyable. I’m always doing something. I enjoy playing a gcd locked spec where you need to be on your toes, the rotation is fast and fluid, managing/not wasting rage, etc etc. And I mean, being top 2 damage in this current tier only behind spriests also helps.

6 Likes

Tusks of Mannoroth look silly on DKs and Paladins.

And if you’re old-school, you honor the beardiness that is the warrior.

1 Like

OP your xmog alone is enough reason to play a warrior!

1 Like