Why do you have a live chat option under customer support if it doesn't allow it?

My account got locked due to some inane action by a security protocol that decided I randomly might be hacking into my own account even through the machine has never changed.

Under customer support there was an option with live support w/ ~1 min wait time. I submitted a ticket under this option and got back with an approximate 24 hr delay. I don’t really mind so much if you are simply honest, but why offer the option if you can’t utilize it? The only result is that I’m now annoyed at this in addition to getting cheated out of game time.

Edit: Apparently customer chat wasn’t available at the time of my submission despite what the webpage had listed for me. Why it still listed that option with an false estimated wait time is still beyond me, but at least I have a reason.

Live chat might not be open yet. I am on my phone so i can’t go look.

However this might be the reason.

4 Likes

I’m not showing Live Chat as open right now. Here’s what I see:

The time is based on my location (Eastern Standard Time) so depending on where you are, it might show differently.

But Live Chat should open up in about 45 minutes :wink:

Be sure to try the self help option to reset your password as that’s all you should need to do if your account is locked.
https://us.battle.net/account/recovery/en/?requestType=PASSWORD_RESET

5 Likes