Why do you allow griefing?

Read the thread buddy. This guys not in warmode, he’s killing Horde NPCS. Since he’s not in warmode, Horde can’t even kill him back.

15 Likes

they can still flag themselves for pvp with out being in warmods which is the case here.

6 Likes

Why? The horde can type /pvp and flag to kill said Alliance person.

15 Likes

Except being hit by a PvP flagged NPC, aka guards, flags you for PvP.
It’s almost like PvP problems have PvP solutions! :thinking:

27 Likes

I’ll admit, i don’t play in wuss mode. Are you saying if you get hit by a towns guards, you can then be killed by players in non warmode?

It’s happening outside of Warmode.

10 Likes

its like sayin a 40man raid in to a city is griefing which it isnt.

4 Likes

I believe they are talking about the NPCs.

Aren’t they always flagged?

2 Likes

That’s not griefing.

Nope, after decades of nothing changing, I’d say it’s working as intended.

13 Likes

Yes. Normal flagging still exists outside of Warmode. That hasn’t changed. Works the same way it always has on Normal and RP servers.

8 Likes

oh a fix for your problem if you have warmode off and you see them flagged for pvp then their warmode is off so turn on your warmode and turn in the quests?

problem solved?

3 Likes

Its the same as it always has been on all non PvP servers. You get attacked by a guard from the opposite faction or kill an NPC and you get flagged. Then anyone in the shard who catches wind of it can voluntarily flag themself to attack the attacker.

I was messing around with NPCs the other day outside of shrine and kiting guards and did indeed get flagged. I also know from the beginning of the expansion I can flag or unflag myself.

7 Likes

OP didn’t mention anything about warmode. NPC questgivers have no choice they are pvp enabled by default and the unflagged player still has to interact with them to get and turn in quests. Also you do not need to have WM turned on to attack NPCs, it will flag you but that’s not the same thing at all.

9 Likes

That is not even close to the same thing. A level 120 who kills level 20 quest givers is nothing but a complete jerk. People like this is why WoW has the most toxic players, and Blizzard allows it to go on.

30 Likes

Yes you can

turn on your warmode and they will be gone and you can turn in your quests.

2 Likes

Turn them in to who? A dead npc who is killed the second they respawn?

5 Likes

they wont be dead if you turn on your warmode you will be phased is that how warmode works?

2 Likes

I have no idea how warmode works. It doesn’t interest me so I may never find out.

4 Likes

So you want people to fly all the way back to a main city, turn on Warmode, fly back, travel to their destination to turn in quests if it’s not at a flightpath, hope they don’t get ganked, hope those NPCs are also alive to turn in quests? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s not “problem solved.”

Quest NPCs should simply be Neutral not targetable.

33 Likes