Why do wow devs hate feedback?

Well, when it takes 10 days to answer a ticket with an auto response, I’m sure we are completely ignored here.

Twitter is their platform not a subscription based forum to the point that they make tweets to the detriment of their careers either ad hominem or poorly worded apologies.

They don’t communicate with us on any level. They don’t do stuff like the Doom and Fallout community managers and directors do…aka actually play and stream content at home.

I guess firing 800 people and leaving only arrogant “rock stars” creates this nightmare. I never expect to talk to a dev, but watching a stream on a weekly basis would be nice even if prerecorded. Now, I cannot even get customer support.

We get whatever they want us to have and change only according to invisible metrics of player engagement

5 Likes

…as evidenced by the obvious fact theyve never recovered many subs since nose diving in WoD.
If they had, theyd be announcing those ten million subs from every roof top.

2 Likes

There are so many things people can point to as bugs, some are pretty big and not only that, how the systems are detrimental to the game.

DH necrolord leveling, while you can do it, the class ability will not proc until 60. World quests for threads of fate cant be completed before 60 because you have to be level 60 to use the item. Demo lock bugs. Taking a portal will leave the transition screen up far longer than necessary like in oribos.

Another reason why people are getting more hostile is Blizzard said that they would listen and communicate more and they never did.

7 Likes

Assuming there was no alpha or beta?

Yeah, still waiting on that one. Unless the secret forums is listening with all the mvps and trust4s

Honestly, after this latest tweet it became very clear that the systems are here to stay and absolutely nothing will change in the game while they don’t replace the current system’s designers who think too much of themselves and call WoW THEIR game. So we all play THEIR game, and have to submit to whatever decisions the emperor developers make. It just keeps sinking lower and lower.

5 Likes

Well it’s simple,

In the beginning they used to get some really decent feedback, but at some point that feedback was not listened to as much as it should have been cause the company had a direction that is different then what some part of the community wants.

Today
Some of the communities feedback is more like a toxic waterfall that’s just a rant. So why listen.

It’s a slow deteriorating line of communication.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
point just blew right on over, I see…

2 Likes

Oh you mean the fans?

Have you read the feedback they’re getting? I’d ignore it too.

Also, for everything that one person complains about, there’s usually another person who says that they like it how it is, and a whole bunch of people who will just play what’s in front of them.

It’s the 80/20 rule at work: 80% of all complaints are generated by 20% of the customers.

When they had more devs, they could take more feedback into consideration. With less devs (and less quality devs), you’re not asking a chef to make you a meal, you’re asking a fry cook to do this and wanting a 3 star meal.

It’s their job to deliver, they should be lucky to get FEEDBACK at all and not people just unsubbing at first instance. This is their livlyhoods and they definitely don’t get all the blame. The higher ups are bunch of cancerous jokes who play COD when they should be making the game better. The devs should not take it out on the customer and should fight back the egegrious practice of blizzard themselves.

This is their job, get over it, welcome to the real world.

7 Likes

if aspects of previous expansions AREN’T carried over, people would be screaming about EVERYTHING being changed, and how “nobody asked for this”.

changes to flight have existed with every expansion since Wrath onwards.
disjointed zones have existed since vanilla.
time gating has existed since vanilla.
not sure what your definition of “system bloat” is, but i’m going to go out on a limb and assume that it’s also been a constant component for the vast majority of the game.

1 Like

Fight back at the ones signing their paychecks? I’m sure that’s not even an option for any of them. If a company had the atmosphere that we’ve been reading about recently, I’m sure the moment a dev stood his ground, he’d be canned.

1 Like

get specific, exactly what are you talking about?

Because people who have never worked in a software company think they have a clue how development works, and they’re really clueless. They think the devs have free reign to do whatever they want with a product, and that just isn’t how it works. They’re getting crap for decisions others make, and they just write code for.

Pretty simple.

1 Like

EDIT oh ok, you saw my post. I’m too boomer for this site, lol.

The problem is when they dig their heels in and insist they delivered something good when they didn’t.

As someone who watched all the PTR updates and saw the primordial evolution of the Dom Socket system into what it is now (it went through some serious revisions), it is pretty clear that they simply settled for an option and pushed forward with it. And they were playing catch-up with that system the entire time - they barely fixed the legendary overlap issue before it went live, they fixed the irrelevance of the set bonuses with a hotfix onto live, and the list just goes on.

Why defend your work when you have to know that you simply rushed it out the door? Defend the developers for trying their best, sure, but don’t defend the actual finished product, because it is quite clearly rushed and flawed. And I’m saying that as someone who likes certain aspects of the Dom Socket gear.

11 Likes

Yes, they really tied the heads of the devs when it comes to time vs quality.

You know what I mean if you’ve been playing as long as me. We had: BiS lists for multiple tiers from casual to hardcore. No endless grinds for power. No AP of any sort to chase. No equivalent to covenants. No paragon grinds. Buy flying with gold to instantly learn it without a rep or renown grind.

Come on, this horse has been beaten to death on these forums by now, you know what I’m talking about.

14 Likes