Why do wow devs hate feedback?

Okay but can you ignore the receipt people at cost co?

Yet FFXIV do listen to their playerbase and act on requests. They also take the time to explain why something is the way it is and why it can’t be changed immediately. They even apologise for problems that are outside their area of control.

Compare that approach to Blizzards, which is generally no communication, no explanation , a condescending “you think you do but you don’t” attitude, ignoring feedback as a default position, sniping at the playerbase via twitter and generally acting like buttholes, is it really a surprise that they receive the same in return?

42 Likes

In my experience in customer service. only about maybe 20% of all customers are reasonable decent human beings.

30% of them are just people looking for free stuff or looking for ANYTHING to complain about to try to find some way to game the system into getting free stuff

And the last 50ish percent of customers are self-interested psychos that just want to scream at anyone, even if that person isn’t remotely responsible for whatever has upset the customer. Even when you are actively helping them, they will lose their absolute god damn minds and sling the most ridiculous accusations and bile at you, because they just want to lash out, and they do not care who gets caught in the cross fire.

Consumers in general suck. These forums are a good indication of such.

5 Likes

Not there because Costco and Sam’s Club, you agree to show it in your service agreement.

Oh okay thanks lol. Just ugh not reading the service agreement like usual :sweat_smile:

Many people don’t. They just sign the papers.

Welcome to the “engagement” and “MAU” meta. There’s a reason WOTLK felt so much more fun and had 7x more players.

15 Likes

Was this back when the game DIDNT suck and WAS fun to play?
Bring it back then. Let them run in circles. Thats how running a successful business that keeps paying customers happy works.

Ive owned my own business since the mid 80s.
I can count the numbers of customers who’ve left over bad product on zero fingers.
I can count the number of complaints Ive had on ONE finger…and I can even tell you what that complaint was.
“Your invoices have too much information. I dont need to see everything itemized”

He didnt want to see the material and labor costs. I was trying to be very transparent early on so my customers knew where every penny they spent was going.
He was the only one to complain, but I immediately changed my invoices to accomodate.
Never have had a single complaint again in over 3 decades of doing work for my clients.

so forgive me if I DONT feel sympathy for a company who ignores their paying customers WHILE abusing their female staff enough to bring a lawsuit.

15 Likes

WOTLK was a product of it’s time. The game was still “newer”, was a very engaging MMO, did not have the plague of streamers ruining the experience and corrupting people’s minds and it was before the entitled gamer generation.

4 Likes

By the time stuff is in beta, it’s not exactly up for change.
…especially when they’re systems which are a major part of the game.

beta is for testing.
not for players to act as wannabe devs.

2 Likes

And is still better than anything post MoP…

1 Like

Then what about alpha?

BFA alpha. SL alpha. I saw this play out twice.

13 Likes

pretty much the same thing.
beta is just a more polished alpha, with a greater intake of testers.

1 Like

Threw assumptions you make:

1 wow devs hate feedback
2 they take it personal
3 feedback is legitimate

Ego inflation is assuming you know more than you do.

1 Like

Maybe if you didnt have such a terrible attitude, you would have been much better in a customer service role. If you think 50% of customers are self-interested psychos, maybe the psycho is you.

19 Likes

Well, the developers are clearly quite incompetent, or they never cared in the first place. They can pick one, whatever option they feel is best.

Video games are an entertainment media, an entertainment product, and it is clear people are not being entertained by the product. So what would you, as a game developer do? You would try to make it entertaining of course, you would look at the feedback provided and try to adhere to that. In blizzard’s case they throw the feedback in the bin and just continue making the same non-entertaining product :man_shrugging: allegedly. Or they just don’t know how to develope a proper video game.

So, it is either, they are incompetent at their jobs or they simply don’t care.

4 Likes

literally lmao.
“we dont need no steenking alpha/beta testeeing”

If they can’t fix it in alpha or even beta, the least they could do is not make the same (or at least similar) mistakes.

The messages they should have taken from BFA should have carried into SL. No restricted/convoluted flying restrictions. No disjointed zones. (BFA’s islands) No excessive timegating. No system bloat. That doesn’t require the “it’s only alpha, it’s only beta etc.” dance to fix.

This was pure doubling down on bad design decisions. It can’t be white knighted away, sorry.

15 Likes

It depends on the type of message and how it is delivered.

But even if the feedback is well reasoned and respectfully delivered, they aren’t obligated to act on it if they don’t want to. It’s really that simple. At that point, the onus is on you as to whether or not you want to keep doing business with them.

1 Like

Exactly.
The company wants our money.
its the companies JOB…LITERALLY…to kiss our rumps and make us WANT to give them our money with a fantastic product.
If this game started with WoD, it would have flopped.
Legion is the only decent expansion since then.
The current team is riding the coat tails of far more creative game makers.

13 Likes