Why do wow devs hate feedback?

ego…arrogance…stupidity…lots of others Im sure I’d get a nice long vacation for mentioning.

6 Likes

Seriously asking why they hate feedback ?

Not hard , read the forums and imagine it being similar to this for 17yrs …anyone’s brain would’ve melted and screw the players :rofl:

Most feedback isn’t even feedback , its insults and harassment towards them :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

“heres some more crap we know you’ll hate”
“this game sucks. You keep pushing out crap”
“stop insulting me”
:roll_eyes:

16 Likes

I agree with you, there is plenty of constructive feedback from the community, content creators, beta testers etc. And Blizzard definitely doesn’t listen to any of it, but from just a cursory glance I would say for every 1 good solid post, you have 9 hurr durr posts and those tend to stick with people.

5 Likes

I’m well aware they don’t care about whether or not we’re having fun, i’m saying that it should matter, it mattered to the old Blizzard.

24 Likes

They get good feedback every alpha and beta.
And as evidenced by those play testers comments here and elsewhere, they ignore it all and do what they want to anyway.
And then they send in the circus show here to try to pretend there is any defense of their ignoring that good feedback
And at a point, yes…PAYING customers start behaving in a more belligerent manner feeling like theyre paying for a crap product over and over again.

And somehow its all the paying customers fault, LMAO.

THEY create the game that so many hate and expect us to pay for it with a smile and a nod, then are worse than I am about abusing the Ignore feature when they’re told their game sucks.

I kinda hope this game crashes and burns at this point.
Like my last wife…she too thought the free ride was going to go on forever. lmao.
She actually thought I should keep paying her rent for her and her lover when I left her, lol.
ActiBliz has the same disgusting entitled “I can do anything I want to do” mentality, as proven beyond doubt by the current accusations and law suit.

33 Likes

thought they were just cutting back on the womens budgets and pays while dumping their work load on them. i dont feel sorry for anyone like Jeff Hamilton. i say fire them all and hire new people. end of the problem. next.

11 Likes

Nope obviously that has been revealed. They are more about the zippity zoppity shimsham vroom vrooooom

They are narcissists. We literally don’t matter. They only want control and view everything they do as thee end all be all. They think they are gods and we are just pawns to mindlessly do what are told.

This is why they are incapable of change, try telling a narcissist that they are wrong, it doesn’t work. They believe they are better than us and we should just shut up and this has been said.

The game won’t change till there is even more massive fall out from everything and WoW losses more money than it already has with it’s other games and they replace these people and attitudes.

13 Likes

Devs work based on a guide, on what’s told to them. We should be complaining about the ones who make them do these ridiculous stuff.

But these ones don’t care as long as money keeps coming. So, Devs will still be working hard to make a game that even goes against their idea of fun and more systems will be coming as long as wallets keep saying yes.

4 Likes

Sucks even more to work that much and spend so much of your life making something that is broken and unpopular

1 Like

This is actually a very good point. Like I get being passionate about what you have designed, and nobody likes to be told “This is garbage what moron created it”, but they seem to be way too hostile and defensive almost immediately and ignore feedback. The general attitude seems to be “You’re wrong, let me tell you why this is actually a good system” rather than you know, accepting it may have flaws and listening to them to look at later. There’s this general air of “The stupid players just don’t understand” which is absolutely wrong.

I wonder, could part of it be the general toxicity and hostility of the forums? Let’s face it, this place isn’t exactly known for constructive criticism. It gets old constantly seeing people call you an idiot and bash your work.

5 Likes

Probably because of 10+ years of no matter what you do, you did bad settling in and making developers jaded, to the point they no longer care about the feedback, because they have their own vision, and even if they concede to the feedback, other people are gonna scream “how dare you listen to so and so’s feed back and not mine”.

They spent a few years trying to appease people, and all it did was cause them to run in circle.

Do I think they are perfect? No. But having worked customer service for many years of my life, I get it, to some degree I get the feeling of being jaded, that it doesn’t matter at the end of the day, because someone’s going to be unhappy, someone’s going to be vitriolic, and someone’s gonna sling death threats at you, because it seems to always go that way.

Most feedback isn’t useful feed back. It’s just someone angry raging at something they don’t like, and these things people don’t like often conflict in the player base.

For Example: The people that want to rage and blame all the games problems on LFD / LFR and want them removed completely, and the people that hate spending hours doing nothing and just want to jump in and do something, and don’t care if it’s not up to the “Difficulty” other players want.

The devs should listen to feed back, but if you’ve ever actually worked in customer service, you likely probably understand, to at least some extent, why at this point after 15 years the dev’s just seem to care less.

Doesn’t excuse their inability to communicate, doesn’t excuse the issues with the game. But on a certain level. I get it.

3 Likes

To answer your title question. They don’t.

That being said there are two important things that need to be taken into account.

1. Not all feedback is good feedback
  2. Just because you give feedback doesn’t mean the developers are obligated to change the game based on said feedback.

If you give feedback that looks like this: “Warriors suck now, what the hell Blizz, balance your game!!!” that is a perfect example of bad feedback. What about it sucks? Is it a balancing issue? Is it an issue with abilities not being fun to use? Is it PvP related? If it’s PvP related, is it a specific issue about PvP (such as mobility or a PvP talent) or just a general ‘feeling’ of not being fun to play?

There are so many little questions that need to be answered before Blizzard can act and the more details you give them in your feedback, the higher the chance that they’ll be acknowledged. We’ve literally seen them change the game based on feedback. Remember the GCD changes in BFA? Blizzard specifically asked for feedback on what abilities should be exempt from the GCD changes or removed from the GCD and players responded. Hunters in particular with disengage, since it was originally put on the GCD and hunter players didn’t like that.

Did Blizzard ‘ignore the feedback’ like the players on the forums insist they do? No, they didn’t, which is why Disengage is not on the GCD.

4 Likes

I have seen very few examples of devs being hostile to players. Certainly not enough to psychoanalyze them as narcissists.

They are given directives on what goals to meet in-game, which requires them to make design decisions to meet those goals. If your feedback is ignored, it is because your feedback is counter to those goals.

And they have to do this with a smaller team than they used to have, so you have a smaller number of people expected to do the same amount of work. Bugs and balancing have to be squeaked in when they can.

All while the playerbase is throwing hate at them and their work environment sucks.

I don’t blame the devs.

Lol they respond to criticism like literal children.

13 Likes

I can empathize with them. It’s not easy to maintain your composure when you’re bombarded with negativity. Even some of the most vigilant people may still implode.

Since we dont have access to the CEO of walmart, the rep working the returns / CS desk is the one to get the chewing out.
When Kotick or whoever else up top who are hiding come to the forum I’ll be more than happy to give him a standard piece of my mind.

I haven’t worked in the big leagues or see what kind of cultures ferments in the big leagues of gaming development but one of the reasons I decide to say “Nope this is a stupid career path” was the personalities I encountered.

I’d say about 90% of them screamed doormats to me. So its very easy to see why they would shy away from their own customers or get corralled just work inside their own little bubbles, with little to no contact with those who live in the real world.

lmoa…
Those ‘goals’ are clearly akin to “fleece the paying customer with as cheaply made product as possible so we can get more $$$ to those investors and Koticks new yacht fund”

7 Likes

Double-edged sword.

Some people at Walmart have directives but you often get those rogues who step outside their expectations and act on their own. People in a closed office have no reason to do that.

Example, those guys who stop people to look at receipts. The law has already agreed that you are not legally obligated to do so. If someone doesn’t want to, they can say “no thank you” or just keep walking. If you get a Walmart person who insists on grabbing your cart and yelling at you, that’s personally on them. They’re not acting for anyone but themselves.