Why do the forum mods allow…

Unless the OPs admitted that they were trolling, you don’t know that. I have some incendiary perspectives and get accused of trolling all the time, despite the fact that I never have.

I don’t agree with the woke mafia, and I consider these achievement changes to be a major slap in the face of the entire playerbase, but I’m not going to pretend to think they are trolling.

They genuinely are offended, and they are expressing their honest opinions. We may find those opinions to be idiotic, but they’re certainly not trolling (in most cases.)

Agree with this sentiment and statement. I think WoW and another games should be allowed liberties and freedoms with their content similar to what a movie or tv show gets.

1 Like

Then you’re not paying attention, because I only call out people that started the hostility first. Usually to someone else that was being completely civil to begin with.

I haven’t started a single confrontation. And never “out of nowhere”.

My profile isn’t hidden. Find me a single example of me telling anyone they are toxic out of nowhere.

I am never trying to attack anyone that hasn’t done anything.

I am trying to make some people realize that their behavior is HURTING these forums.

Actually I think it’s the egg shell syndrome.

It is easy to tell. They use language that is antagonistic or purposely moronic. You can tell when they are just trying to get a reaction from people. And even if some how someone is that dumb the post still should be taken down. They do more to spread toxicity than anything that has ever been in the game.

3 Likes

They’re understaffed, underpaid, and the way the forums works sucks

That was a part of the conversation, not the insulting part, where you called her a Karen, which got deleted.

I have problems with the poster in question, and I even have her on ignore, but it was unwarranted.

Yet I guarantee this post will be 404’ed before any of the posts mentioned here.

This one has over 600 posts. How is it still up???

It’s no accident it is.

4 Likes

Oh I am sure.

I have seen that post flagged at least 2 times a day.

2 Likes

its just internet culture welcome to the internet

1 Like

Exactly! That is an assumption and straight up an attack! Do people actually want that to be true. Like sure you post something like that and then you wait for everyone to say “yeah you’re right, we’re misogynistic and we’re sorry.”

They let it go to a point. When it crosses some line in the sand.
Why jump on them immediately?
Another one will replace it.

Buzzfeed will unleash hell on them if they start moderating it.

While I mostly agree that they can’t jump on them immediately letting them go for days even weeks is cause for a lot of toxicity on the forums and in game. Perhaps handing out more than just a few days suspension would go a lot further in stopping new ones from popping up.

2 Likes

Thing is what one sees as toxic and bad another may not.

It’s somewhat subjective

1 Like

Sure. But having the forums full of arguments about how “This is sexist” or “This is racist” is in and of it’s self toxic. As the OP has already stated. It is a bad look for any new or potential player.

Lets say you are looking for a new game to play. You look up a few games. You go to a few forums and sure in a few you see one or 2 post that are negative but for the most part they are positive. Then you come to the last one and it is full of post claiming that the players are misogynistic. That the lore is toxic, The dev’s antagonistic, and the story is full of racist. what game are you going to pick?

1 Like

This is the 4th iteration of these forums since the beginning. These forums have ALWAYS been like this. You can google an archive of their past and read some of the topics. Nothing will ever change here.

It would not be hard to fix. Giving people more than a 12 hour ban for trolling would be a good start. 72 hours of no forum or game access would be a huge deterrent. One of the things that makes people so emboldened when it comes to trolling is the fact that the punishment for it is almost nothing.

2 Likes

Or be consistent with the punishment.

Seeing some get punished, and others that do much worse get none, is quite infuriating.

3 Likes