Why do the devs hate Night Elves so much?

My only gripe is he and tyrande are not dead
Awful characters

6 Likes

The ugly hate the beautiful.

4 Likes

Malfurion is probably the biggest jobber in WoW lore next to Mannoroth

2 Likes

Have you seen the customizations coming up for NE ears? Good grief. I have no intentions of creating another NE after this. And it used to be my favourite!

Seriously, NE are the ones responsible for all the bad things. Magic and greed for power brought us the Legion, more than once!!

The NE bounce is what made them so popular!

Still, I like the Blood elves as well.

2 Likes

When Azeroth ends it’s going to be the fault of a party of Night Elves and Brann Bronzebeard.

3 Likes

The short stories pretty much said that NElves were essentially extinct, therefore it’s only Nightborne lore.
They only gave the Horde Nightborne so they didn’t have to do anything interesting for the Alliance from that point on since the NElves were the only thing the Alliance had going for them to make them interesting.

may i have some tinfoil?

How about giving us a better resolution than getting mocked by Nathanos while killing 1 Val’kyr?

Absolute BS. The Gilneans got evacuated first.

Nope, only Tyrande and Malf were there.

Blizz said it’s over and we got revenge in 8.1.

2 Likes

I mean… no. But sure.

/pat

1 Like

you realise in shadowlands tyrande is on a mission to kill sylvanas right?
The story isn’t over yet?

2 Likes

I like your character’s avatar here. It’s as if they were being chased by an imperial guard for possession of skooma, got cornered and forced to turn around and face a posse of guardsmen all brandishing lanterns…with the power of a carbon arc lamp.

1 Like

No what? They said the revenge has been achieved.

Yea, and blizz has said that sylvanas isn’t evil and she won’t die so either tyrande dies or forgives sylvanas like the Horde.

They said that at the start of bfa. They also said she liked the horde at that point in time. That didn’t really pan out.

I suggest waiting until you see the story before raging over the fake one you built in your head

3 Likes

Or they’ll make her quest to kill a single person over the deaths of hundreds of thousands be something terrible that ends up wrecking everything even worse, for no reason.

would be nice for an alliance leader to be killed off in a raid for once. just saying

6 Likes

Why does every Night elf forum poster victim feel like the same exact person.

10 Likes

they did say they were nearly extinct so maybe its the same person every time

1 Like

Night Elves have had not, narratively, had a great time this go of it, but I would not say they are unique by any stretch of the imagination.
I don’t know how to explain to people that writers being mean and cruel to characters(or race in this case) doesn’t automatically mean they hate them? To be included in a narrative is to be in danger of being in conflict. Look at any writer forum and you’ll see people talk about the drama and pain they put their favorite character through because they like writing about that character and seeing what they do.

Unless you pick races on how superior and cool they are to others, then I guess it’s disappointing to not be top dog all the time.

3 Likes

Fun trivia,

In Khajiit lore, Sheogorath, daedric Prince of madness, is called “sheggorath”, or the Skooma Cat. He is from the second born litter of Ahnurr and Fadomai(Anu and Padomay).

/nerd off

I was supposed to be bear/cat.

3 Likes

If you ignore the lores which are completely worthless in game, Night Elf can be most of the good class and even got special black eyes that look kind of cool, they also have one of the most useful racial, I don’t see them as hated at all.