Why do players like WoD so much?

The raids were just fantastic.
Operator thogar, blackhand, iron maidens, zakul or w/e demon, archimonde…
There are many memorable moments for me.
Annnd being able to see the past of outland was just fun.
Plus garrison = gold, I made more gold than I did in DF.

2 Likes

I don’t consider it best.

I do consider it better then what we given credit for in comparison to newer expansions, esp like legion.

Obvious content cut aside, the content it does have is pretty decent.

I don’t.

PvP was awesome, though.

yeah tbh i agree with this somewhat, i did have alot of fun leveling through WoD and thinking about it now i did way more random dungeons and was more social during WoD. lol

WoD is when my guild and I quit lol I played since Vanilla. but WoD was what did us in. I’m back now and enjoying it a lot so we’ll see.

It was cataclysm for me and my friends, Cataclysm will always be worse than WoD lol.

The overworld was fine until you got to max-level in it, and then it was not fine.

2 Likes

The end zone cinematics were all very cool

Great questing even if a ton of content was left on the production room floor

Good. Somebody who dedicates all their time to PvP should be stronger in PvP.

I do consider it better then what we given credit for in comparison to newer expansions, esp like legion.

If WoD had released with the mage tower and Mythic+ it would’ve blown Legion out of the water.

It’s almost like the dev that loved WoD and hated players for demanding flying is still doing the same mistakes.

What we got in WoD was good. There just want enough of it to fill a 2 year expansion cycle.

1 Like

Watch the WoD Warlords of Draenor and the opening cinematic. That was the feel of WoD all the way through, violence, testosterone and war. It was great, the complete opposite of Care Bear Island DF for infants and their stay at home moms.

1 Like

“Lack of content” is the understatement of the millenium. WoD had 1 content patch, and it was small. 1/3 of an expansion for more than full price.

2 Likes

6.1 is still bar none the worst patch to ever be released. When your .x patch main stuff is blood elf customizations and twitter integration, you know it’s bad.

4 Likes

And let’s not forget that when Elon Musk turned Twitter into the absolute disaster it is now and made the site’s APL access prohibitively expensive pretty much every game publisher removed Twitter integration from their games and consoles altogether, and Blizzard/WoW are no exception.

This means that the only selling point Patch 6.1 had got removed from the game a little over a decade later. The single worst major content patch in WoW’s nearly 20 year history has aged worse than any other patch in the game; even 9.1 can’t hold a candle to just how much of a disaster this patch was, and that’s saying something.

I liked the Spires of Arak zone and plot lines. Was the best part of the expansion I thought.
The bird people heavily influenced from Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal I think.

I suspect it’s like fans of the game Mother 3, where most of them haven’t actually played it.

WoD had some great stuff in it, but overall was pretty mediocre. And the start of it was terrible once you hit max level and wanted something to do.

Well that’s kind of one of the things why i consider it better. It doesn’t have Mythic+ or Mage Tower. It’s somewhat old school WoW before it got changed for the worse long term to “Apologize” to people.

1 Like