Why do people play warriors?

Being the “all-in” aggressive melee archetype is generally the most desirable fantasy archetype in any fantasy game. That and the Dark/Holy Warrior.

2 Likes

Because Mage is the most optimal class.
Reliably top tier in all forms of content.
Fastest leveling.
most efficient farming.
Mages scream efficiency, which attracts nerds who are looking to min/max every second of their gameplay.

1 Like

I know your probably going to bring up people like Varian, Garrosh and Lord Brox. But they all had magical weapons or sought out magic to get stronger.

where can I find one of these medical weapons

1 Like

Though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil; Cause I carry a big stick, and I’m the baddest cat in the valley.

2 Likes

This is always my #1 answer of why I play Warrior. Charge is awesome and the newer animation is even cooler. Playing it as Dark Iron… “RAAAAAAAA” is so hardcore.

Anger is a driving force. That driving force compels you to bonk. Bonking is cathartic. Then anger builds again. Its a cycle.

3 Likes

There’s something awesome about being in a fantastical world filled with magic and dragons but getting by with your strength and martial training alone. When you think about it warriors are the biggest badasses in lore.

4 Likes

do me a favor and go grab a shovel and a rake from your garage and spin around for a 20-30 seconds strait, maintaining the same speed the entire time, then sprint off in one direction right into marshaled combat with your neighbor.

then tell me there is no cool fantasy…

Warriors are great and come in many flavors. I’m a scrawny wizard with arcane in my blood that I use to make myself better at bonking people with a stick.
Orc smash is just as good too

Yea warriors are very much the charge in RRAAWWWRRRR in your face fun times class!

1 Like

I have three warriors… and I rarely have three of anything… says something about the class IMO.

1 Like

Heroic Leap man.

Nobody wants to watch a caster lob Fireballs/Frostbolts. Its boring.
Its not nearly as fun or as satisfying as witnessing a dude running straight into danger with a giant weapon/s in hand and watch him/her beat the crap out of people. AMVs are a Warriors domain.

2 Likes

Because I get to slap you in the face with a giant hunk of metal or shoulder slam you so hard you forget what magic is or yell so loud you shart yourself and run in fear from me.

I look at Warriors like a Hulk or Captain America or Deathstroke kind of sense. They’re physically stronger, faster, sturdier etc. The reason a player warrior is able to kill a demon lord isn’t just because they have magic weapons, armor, etc, but they’re swinging their axe that much harder.

It also gives a little bit of lore explanation to abilities like Heroic Leap, Charge, etc.

1 Like

I dont get whats not awesome fantasy by the thought of wading into your enemies against ,in your words, “magic fantasy demons fearies elves elemental blood powers” with only the strength of your arm and the edge of your chosen steel. Its pretty damn bad-ash. Theres a genre called sword and sorcery for a reason.

1 Like

Bear wizard checking in. I can attest that having Charge is one of the coolest moves in the game.

Also fun fact: If you jump right before you charge you basically fly to the enemy. So you can have your own pseudo “heroic leap” :sunglasses:

The warrior is both baseline and superlative. We represent the masses of the everyday soldier, the countless combatants who have decided to stand up for what they believe in despite living in a world of magic and supernatural danger. We transcend the rank and file to become a legendary example of the simplest aspirations made real.

We are masters of arms, tactics, and endurance. Mobility comes naturally to us, but we can make a stand and hold a line, distract and harry, charge in and mutilate a foe. We rally our companions and demoralize our enemies. Our fury is legendary and our resolve is unshakable.

Just about every major horror visited upon Azeroth can be traced back to the arcane, the divine, or the fel. Warriors solve those problems. Our power isn’t conditional on some mysterious force, a malevolent deal made with devils, or the supposed beneficence of some god. Our power comes from within. The closest thing to a god we do care about is a giant metal guy with an infinite meadhall in the sky.

Oh, and plate armor looks good.

9 Likes