Why do people on low pop servers care if high pop servers get layering or not

4-5 full servers getting layering is not gonna affect the people on low pop realms, so I’m not sure why you people care so much.

Edit: My job is done. See you guys the next time they remove layers :slight_smile:
Weeee are the championsss my friendssss

8 Likes

They don’t wanna hear about the word layer being used on other peoples servers. It matters more that you play the game they want you to play rather than you being able to play the game. Enjoy the aesthetically pleasing queue screen though /sarcasm

2 Likes

Because the next time the transfer train decides to flood their server, the layers might come too. So you have to fight layers as a whole.

9 Likes

Because they are miserable their server sucks and don’t have anyone to play with so they run to the forums to spread negativity

3 Likes

its just petty, vindictive behavior. some people get off on seeing others miserable.

2 Likes

There won’t be mass transfer trains if full servers have layers though. And if that does happen, then I dunno, maybe you guys could take your own advice and transfer to a non layered server?

2 Likes

Because they need more players on their ghost servers. That’s why they keep mentioning free xfers.

4 Likes

Because some people are way to worried about how other people play the game.

2 Likes

Because some people get offended when people blithely ignore traffic signals, and then cry to daddy to fix things when their car gets wrecked.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this analogy works.

4 Likes

I crashed my dad’s car when I was in college. 100% my fault. You know what I did? I took responsibility and paid him back for 100% of the repairs. 2 grand is no small amount when you’re a poor college student, but I managed to do it.

2 Likes

I care because I have a 60 on both Whitemane and a low pop. I leveled this 60 during long queues. The only reason I am on a low pop with this alt is because queues are part of the game.

My preference for the game would be to have permanent layers on whitemane. A full server with layers makes the game much better. Economy is better, LFG is better. But I would also want to pay transfer my alt over to whitemane if layers were put on. It is unfair to turn layers on and not allow transfers or character creation.

Queues deter players from playing on high pop. If you enable layers you remove the only deterrent for rolling on whitemane.

1 Like

weeeee are the championsss my friendssssss

That would obviously be a reason to oppose layers on other realms.

Some people are afraid if layering proves to be an acceptable solution, it might come to their realms as well if problems occur. So they try to make it as clearly unacceptable as possible.

I don’t agree with the line of thought; it’s basically saying people in queues have to be sacrificed so there’s no chance of the server they play on getting layers in the future. It puts their individual experience over others based on a hypothetical that might never occur.

Blizzard is always going to do what keeps the most amount of people happy and playing the game, or try to anyways. Keeping people logging into megaservers isn’t ideal, but it’s almost certainly more money long-term than letting them quit from queues. People willing to quit over servers they don’t play on getting layers weren’t going to stick around much longer anyways.

2 Likes

My main beef with layering is that you get double the world bosses. Especially since it is the same handful of guilds who kill the world bosses regardless of if there is only 1 layer or a dozen layers.

If they are going to layer your server I think they should layer them all.

I don’t truly care if other crowded servers get layers or not, I just hope not to see it come to my server, when it becomes full, itself. And, Blizzard assuming this is the appropriate solution to said problem.

Everyone is opposed to layers as a matter of principle. People tolerate layers if that is the only way they can keep playing on megaservers without a queue.

Moreover, layers aren’t a “solution”, they are a stop-gap. Theoretically if Blizzard just kept adding layers to megaservers to allow more players, you could end up with everyone basically playing on the same server across an indefinite number of layers.

Isn’t that retail?

2 Likes

i mean based on the extreme lack of communication from blizzard’s end, layers are definitely the solution for the time being. and no, not everyone is opposed on principle, I’m all for them. They literally mean I can play the game without spending 5 hours babysitting a queue that can randomly disconnect and throw me to the back of the line at any moment without warning.

1 Like

Wow.

You’re making way less sense than usual.

3 Likes