Why do people like Negan from The Walking Dead?

He hot. Next question.

1 Like

You said that without me ever making that claim.

You also said that out of nowhere based on nothing.

At the end of the day its a fictional char and a fictional concept called morals. Morals are an idea nothing more. An idea that people abandon when it suits them.

You also answered nothing which tells me all I need to know.

You didn’t ask a question aside from your op and I did answer that

Does seeing malicious activity make you happy?

In what context?

Yes or no?

Its not a yes or no question. Context is everything. Is it fictional? I.E. a horror movie or show? Is it an act of self defence or revenge? Is it just a case of I can cause I can?

Malice is the act of doing unprovoked harm.

A drive by shooting of innocent civilians
Punching a person in the head and neck until they lose consciousness
Poisoning your ex’s food on purpose
Telling someone to move off the road or they’ll be dead, and hitting them with your car when they don’t move

Malice usually revolves around someone seeking to cause ill will, to do evil.

So, does seeing malicious activity make you happy?

Thats not what malice is. Malice is a desire to hurt someone. Thats it so you are making an arguement based on false understanding of what a word means.

My question was does malicious activity make you happy?

An act of malice includes all types of intent that law deems to be wrongful.

Again no you can see/have malice without acting on it, that happens every day. Also not all acts of malice are as you say “wrongful” by legal standards something we also see on a daily basis. The word you are using is not the word you are looking for.

There is no one word that describes what I’m trying to say, they all have context behind it. Malice can be murder or slander but either way, what I’m getting at is does seeing someone else in pain bring you joy?

Like a friend? Or enemy?

See you said it yourself they all have context. Context is important. Do I enjoy grapists and child fiddlers going to prison and get whats coming to them? Absolutely I do. The opposite of this would be as you might say moraly wrong. Whats the context in the walking dead that you made the post about. Simple its

1. Fictional
  2. None of the characters in the show are innocent

Fiction and reality aren’t so different when it comes to human nature and morality.

You can read or watch about murder on the news or certain media outlets just as you can watch Negan and the Saviors bash peoples heads in. You either feel sad or happy, how you feel comes down to your humanity and your morals imo.

Ok you can have an opinion but that doesn’t make it factual. Some people have the opinion the earth is flat or birds aren’t real. As for morals thats nothing more than idealistic concept. Its not a real or tangable thing

Are you saying right and wrong are not tangable things?

I am saying that as those concepts differ from person to person. What you perceive as right another might think wrong or vice versa. Also actions that a right in one circumstance are wrong in another.

Right and wrong are universal and if you’re not sure what right and wrong is that’s ok, you’re here so pretty sure you’re on the right path if not in jail.

No they are not even in a legal standpoint since you mentioned jail. This is why we have trails and things called extenuating circumstances. Even the legal system knows its not a simple right or wrong.