Why do people keep talking about the 1%? The covenants will affect everyone

The people posting their keys pay their subscription fee just the same as you. The keystone is theirs to form their group around. There are no discrimination rules when it comes to forming a group.

2 Likes

It’s not the sole reason. It’s because you had lower io a long cd interrupt and other classes will on average just be better. You have no idea why people didn’t invite you. Honestly the biggest reason is likely just because every 15 is inundated with dps applicants.

Here I’ll give you an offer what key do you have right now I’m still going to be on for a bit and I’ll run a key on something probably dh since I still need to do a weekly key on her.

Create a group put it in group finder.

No, it isn’t, and suggesting it is is extremely belittling to those facing legitimate discrimination. Cut it out.

3 Likes

Example: Racist refuses to invite anyone playing the trolls race to the group.

That mentality is wrong, both morally and technically therefore it needs to be eradicated.

It’s not solely because of the class it’s because of io, dungeon requirements, and class dps output.

And I’m agreeing with Cyou that Blizzard probably aren’t going to make Covenants significantly better than another in pure throughput.

Which means the dealbreaker for Covenants will be what offers the best utility.

I’m not saying that. I know for a fact that’s not true, because nobody used the Warlock Gateway legendary in Legion, and nobody will use it in Shadowlands either.

I’m saying that Kyrian or Necrolords defensive Covenant ability isn’t as good as Venthyr or Night Fae’s mobility Covenant ability, because raid design values mobility over defensive cooldowns.

Pretty sure Phial of Pain is a Torghast ability, not a legendary ability. No neutral legendaries (like Prydaz or Sephuz) have been datamined, just class specific ones.

As far as we know, there is no legendaries tied to specific Covenants. But even if they were, that wouldn’t change my dislike of Covenants being deterministic.

All it’d mean is that instead of choosing Venthyr for DoS, you’d choose Night Fae or Kyrian for the OP legendaries.

Stop belittling victims of racism by using it in your awful analogies about why you think you didn’t get into an LFG group

4 Likes

So I give you a very good analogy that shows that a wrong mentality leads to discrimination and therefore should be eradicated and you tell me to “stop doing it”?

That’s not how arguments work.

Also love the fact that you keep making this about myself when I dont you I never even bother joining groups, so hard to realize some of us care about problems that affect others xD

Anything that can give you an edge people will utilize it, some better than others. People just like to shame the 1% because they’ve never and probably will never be in there shoes, there’s content for any skill bracket but people on the lower end that can’t get up higher tend to only see the end and are blind to the content they do have. But in the end giving out the rewards to those that never get there only makes the content they’re capable of doing even more faceroll/meaningless.

But the technical description for it is the best of the best.

I’m sure when covenants are added there will be groups that follow the MDI mentality and require you to be one or another covenant to join, mostly due to the ability to skip groups with the teleport, or do more damage or what ever. I haven’t looked at them so I wouldn’t know all their abilities. But like I said before if it’s there people will min max it.

The mentality of a racist is not the same as the mentality of someone forming an M+ group. I PROMISE YOU the person who declined your app does not want to lynch you, burn you, or hang you. Seriously. stop it.

2 Likes

I agree. Which is why i made it a point to say it’s nowhere near the same as real world discrimination even though it is still discrimination.

the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things

The definition of prejudicial is…

harmful to someone or something; detrimental.

So in this instance you are stopping the progress of someone solely based on their class. Wouldn’t you consider that harmful? And isn’t your class a community of people?

Sigh how hard is it to explain some basic things to people.

Let me try again.

Here, we have a person who believes that if you dont play meta, you are bad and therefore never invites your class.

Here, we have a person who believes that if you play troll, you are bad and therefore never invites your race.

You see the problem?

BOTH ideas, both mentalities are:
FACTUALLY WRONG
immoral
toxic to the community

Therefore BOTH need to be exterminated.

Dude it is not discrimination to not invite you to a group in a video game especially when you can make your own.

2 Likes

Classes and in game races both bring TOOLS that a group may or may not need. If that group does not feel they need the tools your class or race has to offer over other applicants, they may decline you. That is not discrimination. This is an absolute clown fest.

1 Like

Sadly, most of the time when people say “it will only affect the 1%” they fail to realize that it isn’t actually the 1% who truly feel the impact of these things… while it is the 1% who will agonize over these things the most, they won’t ever actually feel a negative impact from them due to the fact that they never PUG. They always have a dedicated group for everything and they are able to discuss their choices more thoroughly to ensure that they have the best picks for their specific group composition and content they are doing… They don’t ever have to feel the actual impact that occurs down the line as, for lack of a better term, tryhards attempt to emulate them and demand specific compositions in PUGs. The lowly casual player actually feels the brunt of these things as a result of the mentality and behaviors of parts of the community…

What the 1% will find insufferable however, is the time required to change between covenants… just as they found the cost to reset Azerite traits insufferable… they want to be able to change any decision on a whim for free to get any small advantage they can get… and that is the only thing that will actually impact them is removing or limiting that flexibility… of course this impacts more than just the 1% as well. But of those impacted, atleast half are impacted simply because they are trying to emulate the play style of the 1%, not because it legitimately impedes their normal personal style of play.

Also, sadly the gatekeeping mentioned earlier will happen no matter what… but it certainly would be less detrimental if choices we are presented were always balanced properly so that there is never a case of “you have to have this one or your playing wrong”…

2 Likes

You can also make your own business, but not getting hired based on certain things is discrimination. So that isn’t really a valid argument.

1 Like

Classes bring tools to a group. It is up to the person forming the group if they want those tools in their group. If you feel you aren’t able to use your tools in someone else’s group, start your own.

I am literally offering to get you a 15 done you as a shadow priest purely because I’m curious to see what your output is. The biggest reason people don’t tend to like spriests is your interrupt has a gigalong cd I’ve run with spriests that pump hard the issue is interrupts get more and more important as you go higher.

I told you in the previous example that if the SOLE reason they dont invite is because of your class perceived as bad by the community, that’s the problem.

It isnt about your toolkit, it isnt about interrupts, it is about false community perceptions.

You have absolutely no idea why people are not inviting others to groups. You have no data on it and as you said you don’t pug so you don’t even have anecdotes?

YOU ARE ARGUING A MAKE BELIEVE SCENARIO AND TRYING TO EQUATE IT TO RACISM. You are a sociopath and I am done with this.