Why do people hate on warriors?

I skipped Phase 2 because Helldivers 2 came out.

Ran gnomer like 3 times, Did Terrible.

Phase 3 Kebab has been really really fun though, looking forward to trying out Sunken temple.

Glad Stance being about being a DPS with a shield and you think a rune that increases your DPS while wearing a shield… sucks?

What?

Keep in mind glad stance came out in WoD and it was thought of as a joke meme stance/spec…

Then was found to be completely OP in pve and pvp.

I’m pretty cautious about saying it’s going to suck.

Yeah helldivers and i just got really busy at that time, so unfortunately i never got to do gnomer.

The other runes seem lack luster so it seems like they were really pushing glad, which kinda sucks if you didn’t want to be a glad.

They were top dps in raids and people got their feelings hurt, I suppose. What people don’t mention is warriors had to be in specific group comps with all World buffs/elixirs to be able to push out insane amounts of dps.

People are just blinded by their hatred for warrior to admit that there are huge fundamental flaws with warriors and their runes in this game. Warriors in Classic Vanilla feel better than SoD warriors. Its really not fair and its a joke at this point.

Look at shamans and the overcharged rune they got. Basically a warriors retaliation with unlimited use with no CD. Look at melee hunters and how they nuke warriors in 1v1 combat. Blizzard needs to help warriors out because these past couple of phases have been trash and id go as far to say phase 1 as well. The only good rune id say warriors got is Warbringer.

1 Like

I am salty about shamans state in SoD, that has not been a fun thing to watch go on and on.

Vanilla Warriors absolutely are the highest skill cap DPS class, yes. The difference between a good one and a bad one is greater than any other class.

Most definitely, but we’re still in the spot where for many players who love the class, SoD Warrior feels worse to play than Vanilla Warrior.

CBR mainly just sucks to play with when we have more buttons to press than Hamstring. The only saving grace is that they nerfed it so much that it feels less bad to ignore completely.

I also cannot see how people reconcile doing more DPS with a shield on. Glad Stance feels so contrived.

Feral is harder and they don’t even get a reasonable pay off. Try hard and lose to a warrior eating a burrito.

This is the one version of the warrior that I liked. I am Ronimus Maximus commander of the Armies of the Stormwind and loyal servant to the TRUE King, Varian Wyrnn. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Thats the fantasy right there, thats what warrior players wanna be…an awesome fighter smackin stuff with a shield and/or a sword

What are you measuring that on? If I count macros or look at macro or gear set situational complexity, I wouldn’t come to the same findings.

Incidentally, warrior and Druid (feral) are the two classes I did Sunken Temple on last lockout.

Saying “this is harder than that” however is meaningless. It’s like saying this is bigger than that.

Ok. How are you measuring? If you don’t provide those details, you’re not actually saying anything at all.

:woman_shrugging:

this dude lol

warriors in p1 were r1 with over 300dps while the rest was at 100-200 damage on bosses top.

you clearly didnt play p1 as a deep wounds warrior

1 Like

They approach, IMO, but once you know the powershifting gimmick you’re still just pushing a couple buttons. A druid using their full utility has to pay attention to more than just DPS, but that value is absolutely manifested in a pay off.

To each their own. A berserker (fury) or raider (arms) who’s sole purpose is to do damage should be doing more damage than a Roman phalanx. Their power is from their impenetrable defense without removing offensive capability, but they certainly don’t have as high potential for damage output.

Just flies in the face of balancing offense and defense. Not a fan.

I think he might mean its harder because of stances and shifts being similar, or maybe its harder because its squishier and has less dmg output. I dunno though, thats just how i interpreted it

1 Like

In later expansions, feral snapshots become much more difficult to maintain, and they have brought some of this to SoD, but afaik, the discussion here is relevant to Vanilla.

And, depending on what sorts of frameworks are used to measure whatever they mean by “hard,” one could make the argument that MCP farming would come into consideration.

1 Like

Bonehead, Rogues are still doing more damage than Warriors on average than Warriors.

Up to the 75th percentile, who’s on top? Do me a favor and look at this graph: https://vanilla.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/2007

Sure did.

If i understand p1 correctly, it was the fully geared and veteran warrior players that were blowing people out of the water. I didnt start topping in p1 until i got most my bis and my rotation down.(also of cource i had wild strikes)

There are veteran players in every class, but yeah, Warriors scale the best. They are the late game ADCs of Vanilla.

Until geared they are middling. That’s where they pay their dues each and every phase.

So we’re talking base vanilla.

Power shifting, macros that you need to just function, separate gear sets, raid functions (brez).

Not to mention farming Gnomer forever for MCP.

Oh they get a pay off… it’s just not a good one when looking at warriors.