Where are you getting this from? Are the Allied Race rules written down somewhere?
All the hate flowing through this thread (many fine posts, a few not so much) makes me think some poor mechagnome will turn to the dark side. He shall be known as Darth Small and he will be an affliction warlock. Dots to the throat!
Brb, gotta make a new toon…
- Salty Sethrak fans. Goes against the desires of many popular AR groups.
- People were fooling themselves into believing we’d get basically anything else besides some kind of gnome as the gnome AR.
- Gnomes are already unpopular to begin with so anyone who doesn’t like a gnome will probably not like Mechagnomes.
- Bandawagon effect and mob mentality.
- The compulsive need to put down something one doesn’t like to fel better about oneself.
So you cherry pick the responses that are easy to pick apart. Have you been taking lessons from Ion and his sockpuppet Lore on how they do a Q&A?
Mechagnomes should have more options. Asymmetrical limbs (one normal + one robotic) would be amazing, and more hair designs + colors. The fact that you can walk through the Rustbolt camp in Mechagon and see all the character models and variations is pathetic.
There is a lot of support for Mechagnomes. See the Mechagnome Love thread.
I even have a discord going and in time I am confident it will be one of the biggest AR discords around. Just ignore the haters. Mechagnomes are heavily underrated and its mostly just people trying to be cool by hating on something.
ho ho ho… this my favorite thread.
Now it’s my turn after trying holding my forum account.
Gnomes are not hated by:
- your racials op in pvp casters.
- your lore
- your toxic dumps zones.
- your 8.2
- his pretentious pride shown in gnomic engineering that makes him sick knowing that all perfection is hidden due to his area disaster full of troggs and much pollution that thinking that the burning of Teldrassil is not the worst thing that has happened to Azeroth and its ecosystem.
but in the end it wasn’t them, it was Blizzard, when a good concept was shown in Ulduar with Mirmiron’s father, everything else related to gnomes in the game, showed a disappointment for his gnome father.
thing for Azeroth’s advanced technology is wasted by this fifth race.
no gnomest, this time are not, prefer your cyberpunk gnomes goblins DH thread.
- Who cares about Sethrak? The issue is Mechagnomes are meh to the majority of the playerbase, while Vulpera are a “f*** ya” for a lot of the playerbase. Compare and contrast the differences.
- Why are we limited to a set type of predetermined AR? Oh, because the devs are too invested in pooling all their resources into cashshop mounts.
- Knowing that gnomes are not well received one should be able to foresee that having a re-skinned race with less customization was going to flop.
- I choose not to like MGs due to how limited they are in robotic customization. Not because some random Youtuber#498 said they are trash.
- That doesn’t even make sense.
A thread which I intend to resume once my current project is finished
Nobody was hatin’ on me. I did get killed a bit goin’ up but that’s standard fare.
You are honestly telling us you like the way your “arcade claw hands” hold weapons/shields or how they cast spells? I think its looks like hot garbage.
Here to show my love and support for the Mechagnomes! Love, love, love them! Big oof!
No, it’s just been obvious to anyone who’s been paying attention. Eight allied races before 8.3, all of them based on existing core races, sometimes on the opposite faction (void elves and nightborne) or with a different rig (Kul Tirans and Zandalari). Gnomes, undead, worgen, and goblins didn’t have any, but vulpera used the goblin rig and mechagnomes were newer, shinier gnomes, so people rightfully assumed they’d both be allied races at some point. Likewise, people suspect that we’ll get undead and worgen ARs at some point to continue the pattern.
Oh, how dare I not have a response for every single part of someone’s argument. If tackling the different parts of an argument that I disagree with most is cherrypicking, sure.
I’m not denying that.
I’m pretty sure it’d be difficult to add such an option without conflicting with their robot-like animations or just breaking their models wide-open, otherwise they would have it already.
Short answer: Jealousy.
Long answer: Jealous AF.
Too resource dependent? They would rather focus on adding more mounts to the store. Wonder why that would cause flak at all?
- Popularity doesn’t matter. If it did then we might as well delete any race with an under 3% playerbase. Perhaps the issue is more so that Gilgoblins weren’t an allied race. After all. They have ever reason to join that the Vulpera do. Ion has said that the AR system was supposed to be a means of adding customization to core races and Vulpera are the odd one out.
Why are we limited to a set type of predetermined AR? Oh, because the devs are too invested in pooling all their resources into cashshop mounts.
- Its just the way blizzard has done things. Its other’s fault for getting their hopes up things would turn out different.
Knowing that gnomes are not well received one should be able to foresee that having a re-skinned race with less customization was going to flop.
- Are you suggesting we delete gnomes and any other unpopular race for that matter? Nearly every other race got an offshoot. I don’t see why they couldn’t get something too. Besides gnomes have been neglected for a while now.
I choose not to like MGs due to how limited they are in robotic customization. Not because some random Youtuber#498 said they are trash.
- Its pointless and unproductive. Best focus on what you love. Not what you hate.
That doesn’t even make sense.
- Of course it does. It explains why many act this way. They are trying to take solice feeling mechagnomes were a mistake and put down others who are happy for them.
… nobody hates junkgnomes.
Do you think that because there are not the same number of people showing the same joy that we see the vulperas receive?
Junkgnomes are just receiving the inevitable bad stigma of having been given the alliance as a demerit, when we see that the horde has received vulperas.
This left some people very … disappointed with the traditionalism of the devs when thinking about ally, instead of the same innovative treatment given to the horde for having a new race with vulperas and ally, something doubly recycled from a race of little charisma.
Junkgnomes are a 68 Volkswagen.
Vulperas are a Ferrari.
Who is happy to receive a participation prize?
I still can’t believe people use this argument.
I’m super happy Blizzard hasn’t made a elf faction at this point.
The new race has been neglected - and the “haters” are the ones pointing that out. Pathetic amount of customization, very few working mogs, substandard overall design.
Yep, we need to spell it out for the MG sperg crowd.