Why Do People Hate Anduin So Much?

Yes, he is.

1 Like

You want to know why? There is a list of reasons.

1. He is a lore blackhole just like Sylvanas was. Everything had to bent around him to make something work. Can anyone explain to me in a good faith how a 18 years old who barely became a King of his nation to be handled reins of entire Alliance? Why everybody has to listen to him and do his bidding?
    Alliance is meant to be coalition of independant Kingdoms and the High King was not meant to be heritedari.
    Yet we had a brat who still had milk under his nose commanding people that are older and more experienced than him.

2. He is terrible racial leader. I haven’t seen Anduin doing anything for his people or priotizing his citizens of Stormwind. It always felt his his biggest priority was Horde. He talked more about Horde than about needs of his people. The focus is always about his self esteem, his philosophy but never actual governance. Turalyon is far more effective than he is. By the fact alone that he actually works to restore human kingdoms. Anduin in this regard is as bad as Baine, as Baine seems to accordingly think the most about Alliance and Anduin, and Baine often sabotages his own people.

3. His development feels forced. Instead of taking time and truly look into details of what would make him grow. As someone wrote before he was super naive and often delusional and nobody ever challenged that on Alliance. I would rather if instead of the Jailer playing with him as puppet he would have to face people of Stormwind being upset with his governance. And forcing Anduin to adapt according to the very people he is responsible of as their King. To me his relations with Sylvanas just weren’t at all convincing, it felt contrived. I also don’t get why Anduin was so important to get and convert. Maybe someone will expalin to me. Because I only see a cheap reference to Arthas.

4. He is a terrible face to promote World of Warcraft. And likewise I don’t trust that Thrall would be any better as for past couple of expansions he was sad and moping around. People acting sad and depressed and talking about feelings is the last thing you want to have a main focus in games like World of Warcraft. You need someone that beams with energy someone that is ready for action! To give excitement and hype! " We gonna this this! And we gonna do that!".

I’m not saying you can’t tackle depressing subjects, but they should be a sub plot, a smaller side story. Anduin should be a side character not the Main hero. The Main hero should be someone that radiates with proactive energy. And DF is example how moping around and constant talks about feelings aren’t really exciting. It’s lame.

But as you can see Anduin is not the only terrible character out there. A lot of Major NPCs have lots of issues as well.

Edit:
5. He is obviously one of the developers Pet characters, he gets more spotlight and importance than other characters. And in game with multiple playable races you should split focus more evenly so everyone has their time to shine, and something to bring to the table.
Compare the focus that Sylvanas and Anduin had over Vol’Jin.

3 Likes

“The Light is with me…even here!” ~ Anduin Wrynn!
NuffSaid!

Actually, Origimmar is in a bad position in a valley and air strike and bombardment from a hill or cliff is a bad is a bad scenario,but luckily you have ports.

They can’t I looked into that the stone is gone when he separate the sword it unlashed it power to free him. But there is another way to fuel it if possible the new shiny in the cave.

I find him to be too weak willed to be a King, is all. He refuses to be decisive like his father was and his kind heart has almost always made things worse in the end.

A good, strong King needs to understand that kindness shouldn’t be so freely given - it should be given to those that deserve it. Sometimes, a King has to have a heavy hand. Anduin never learned that.

3 Likes

Depends how quickly you can get everyone into the underground or beneath cover.

Well ,as many time Orgrammar been raided by Alliance I’m sure they know the drill.Lucky guys,Alliance doesn’t have an escape but the sea and that’s not much. :pensive:

They got thwarted by a troll throwing a flaming torch around.

Won’t take much for us to turn Stormwind into a smoking ruin.

That a prediction that may happen.

Given that there are either cough neutral devs cough and Horde devs they just don’t think enough about the Alliance to do so.

I wanna know when they’re going to give our warcry back. “For the Alliance!” predates “For the Horde!”

1 Like

Probably because this is the second cinematic where he cries. Needed “time to reflect” after what he went through.

His father was a bada**, after becoming whole again he basically went right back to stormwind and was back to business as usual. He didn’t cry or need time for himself.

Anduin is just kinda pathetic

3 Likes

because anduin isnt varian.

It’s because they hate that he’s cuter than them and also jealous that he has a handsome dragon boyfriend