Why do people expect pity for rolling on a pvp server?

spoke like a true sith

opinion discarted

2 Likes

Fact reinstated.

Is it so hard to comprehend that players wanted world pvp, and also wanted to be on servers where there’s an even amount of players on both side?

People didn’t know their server was going to have 4x more Horde than Alliance on it after a few months when they started, not everyone can see the future.

3 Likes

what future, it has been going on since as long as I can remember that the majority of horde players have always chosen that faction simply because they know that is the side to be on when you want the numbers advantage. I fully expected this lopsidedness.
But I also know the horde players put AV on their do not queue list in retail for the very reason I look forward to it. Those same numbnuts who enjoy ganking will be the first to perish and quit AV when things square up and then our side begins to out gear them and eventually quit the game altogether, when they realize they can’t leave Org anymore without being chased down and slaughtered like the mutts they are.

No pity, no crying, just let us pay to play like we’re already doing: Paid Transfers to PvE Servers Should be Allowed - #50 by Ilarra-turalyon

Yeah. We signed up for PvP. And most of us enjoy it. But there does come a time when you can’t move in world any more because of PvP and too many players. GY rezzing gets you camped. There’s no flight master so you can’t get away. You log out dead(my wife just did this).

And then we don’t log in, and the problem gets worse, Really fast.

We need a loading screen tip about the strawman fallacy. That’s as much energy as I’m willing to expend on this thread. Quality troll though, hmmm 8/10.

1 Like

The short and honest answer is that these players that complain are sore losers.

But they don’t want to admit they are losers- so instead they pretend that the opposite faction are a$$holes - instead of their opponents who just whopped their a$$

You’re actually a moron :joy:

1 Like

authentication servers have throughput limits, this is what causes queues, the more people trying to play on a given server at a time the longer the queue.

Is OP mad about BGs coming out because now he/she won’t be able to gang-gank folks trying to do weekly content that they need to be more competitive in PvP in raids and dungeons?

1 Like

Why do people expect pity for rolling on a pvp server?

because 2008… that is why.

Almost every game is designed to be fair. No one would play chess if one person got 4 queens to your one, or 8 rooks to your 2 etc. No one would play on a pvp server at that level of unfairness. We can only hope that those in that situation don’t quit before bg’s come out. The simple fact is that wpvp in wow is a very badly designed game.

3 Likes

Mark this one up in your tally…

IM ON YOUR FACTION AND I AGREE WITH WHAT THAT ORC SAID, because he is correct.

1 Like

I guess that’s one solution.

So you have people who now find themselves severely outnumbered parking their toons and going to PvE servers. And you end up with a nearly 100% single-faction server.

Thus dies world pvp. Would anyone on the larger faction find that fun?

I guess maybe people didn’t think things would be as unrelenting when it comes to wPVP as it’s turned out to be. I don’t remember it being like this on Ysondre back in my vanilla/TBC/WotLK days. Every red name is instantly SQUIRREL!!!ed in a way that’s almost rabid.

Open, unrestricted PvP does not work. It has never worked. It, by definition, makes unfair fights because allowing unfair fights is exactly how people define MMO PvP. When developers make rulesets that restrict PvP to even teams, PvPers call that “PvE,” get mad about instances, and call those players “care bears.”

There’s a solution to this. They’re called battlegrounds. GG.

There is this problem when people talk about choices. Many people believe that people act ‘rationally’ and are perfectly informed. This is often not the case. People are impulsive, whimsical, and not informed. Many people went PVP realms because that’s what they perceived everyone else was doing. You might say, well that’s not smart. Sure, it might not be, but the fact is people are acting according to their nature, and social pressure is a very strong force in human decision making. In recent history businesses have started to master the art of manipulation and getting people to ‘choose’ to buy their products when they wouldn’t otherwise. Your topic isn’t a problem of choices though. IT’s a problem of what to do when people no longer want to play on a PVP realm, and the solution is simple. There should be paid transfers available. Because then you could once again claim that it’s all up to player choice.

1 Like

I wonder why people make this same post every five minutes. We get it.