Why do melee have so many favorable maps

Can we get rid of the overly tiny maps it’s honestly kind of ridiculous after 10 years of mobility power creep. Locks can’t even use their port or gate effectively on half the maps. It’s too polarizing. Melee can be rebalanced after they remove the absolute garbage maps like ruins and blade’s edge.

No one likes Blade’s Edge except Holinka.

2 Likes

How’d you leave out black rook? I get claustrophobic seeing the loading screen.

cus he’s a lock lol that’s one of their best maps. bias ofc

1 Like

True true.

Feels like there’s not enough room to get away there when ranged hunter.

Then I play sv and it feels great to play there.

The duality of hunter.

1 Like

I think there’s actually quite a few more big maps

The smaller maps are like ruins, sewers, hook point, BlackRock hold. But then you have Maldraxxus, Empyrian, Tol’vir, Ashmanes, Robodrome, Mugumbala, Enigma Crucible that all can be considered large

The newest maps that have been added have been pretty large, we basically have more large maps than small ones

6 Likes

I play warlock and mage, and I hate blades edge with a passion

Should have been removed a long time ago

For RP/lore purposes , why would someone build a gladiators arena with a random big bridge and ramps going through the middle?

Looks more like a ninja warrior course than a colosseum

1 Like

And me!

With the multitude gap closers/roots/snares that exist now i think the feeling is that a large map is easily overcome by melee compared to the oppressive feeling or not being able to escape on a smaller map.
Because of this, I think its less of a map issue and more of a mobility issue. Lets look at locks and gateway, for instance. Two min CD on use, easily countered by heroic leap, fel rush, etc. Using an ability like that should allow you to at least hard cast one ability before having a melee back on you.

You use big maps to drag the melee into awful positions which forces their healers into bad spots which gives wizards the advantage

3 Likes

I understand how to play. I simply gave an example and tried to convey what some ranged players feel. But, please, continue to explain the game to me.

there are realyl large maps that all have z-axis that definitely favor certain casters/comps heavily

one problem i have with melee mobility is how fast they can reconnect to you if they get distance. DH is probably the worst of them all, this class is borderline unsnareable and moves insanely fast

next would probably feral, rogue, then warr. but at least bad warrs can be juked on their mobility and they just waddle around.

dk is slower but being immune to magic effects and slows and having 40yrd grip is just lmao

(playing my affy alt)

If you’re mentioning mobility which is irrelevant when it comes to the map it kind of seems odd that you’d know this

Big maps are favored for casters regardless of melee having more mobility

Everyone has pretty insane mobility/toolkits now anyways

3 Likes

That’s my point, the size of the map matters less than it used to because of mobility.

It matters just as much because even if people have a ton of mobility just mindlessly chasing after people still punishes you on large maps

1 Like

Feels like you’re arguing just to argue. With the increased mobility there’s less chasing. Gap closers are added to the game while the map stays the same. That certainly changes how effective kiting on a large map is. Can’t we agree on that?

I mean he probably knows more than you do random lvl 12

listen man he got 2.2 on a demo lock in ss
he’s the paragon of knowledge

1 Like

Nah, still feels pretty horrific to get dragged around big maps.

At least by casters that don’t get brute forced in the first minute.

1 Like

In RSS the map selection is quite small I feel. Not even half of those r in it.