Why do males play female characters?

If you are a male why would you want to stare at a male butt all way? Unless your into that which is 100% ok I have nothing against that.

Seinfeld jokes aside. I would rather stare at a female butt all day. Plus im a sexy skeleton inside and this lets me be that in a video game.

1 Like

Cons my character is not a reflection of myself. Itā€™s a character, plus I rather look at female character than male. Iā€™m not an 12 year old kid who wants to be a big bull .

2 Likes

Yeah its probably more fun as a guy to stare at an Alliance human females behind all day than a tauren cow :joy:.

What I found in the past was female characters got treated nicer in game . Probably not so much nowadays as most people donā€™t assume gender.

Iā€™m a woman that enjoys rolling male characters.

Probably same reason men do. They look cool as the class, they look cool in the armor, their animations are better andā€¦

I want to stare at a ripped chest of muscles than boobs.

18 Likes

To get free stuff from beta orbiters

10 Likes

As alliance:
NE males are incredibly weird looking to me
Human males are fine but I find them too bulky for caster classes
Gnome and dwarf are a tossup but I donā€™t like either race much in general anyway.

As horde:
Orcs same as humans
Tauren idc
Troll males posture is just awful
Undead female warriors and rogues do frontflips on some abilities which is S tier attack animation

2 Likes

I used to play a female night elf years ago because my favorite unit from WC3 was the hippogryph rider. Getting consecutive flips while spamming space bar is oddly satisfying too.

All the alliance characters seem more intimidating when theyā€™re female. When I see a male dwarf or a male human, they instinctively look like free kills and almost always are. I think itā€™s because the female animations are so much more nimble whereas the male ones are clumsy and slow.

9 Likes

I mean it is annoying when dudes think u r a chick and start talking a certain way, thatā€™s why I pick my names so they donā€™t make people think Iā€™m a female irl

Some people prefer the looks of those characters, some are trans, some do it for variety. People pretending are quite rare but usually they do it for attention. Also if someone is trans and not outing themselves is very different than pretending. As their goal isnā€™t to lie instead just to be themself.

2 Likes

I like the Night Elf Male fighting animations. I get the whole dislike of the casting animations but they never bothered me.

1 Like

Had that in Everquest . Played a hot looking high elf cleric and this guy on discord would keep saying ā€œshe ā€¦ā€. I had to correct him . He was weird after that too so I wonder if he had a crush on my character lol.

1 Like

The amount of insecurity in this post LOL.

How many inches off the ground is your truck bro?

17 Likes

For free gold.

4 Likes

Because, inside, I have this yearning to be a ne female.

But I would never admit that. I am deeply closeted.

7 Likes

reason I picked a big bull was because I wanted the racial for picking herbs and druid is good for running around open world gathering/ escaping gankers etc. And Iā€™m 46 yo .

2 Likes

Because Iā€™m an ugly neckbeard IRL and I wanted to feel pretty.

Is that the answer you wanted?

24 Likes

You are beautiful, Bloody. Never be told otherwise. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

A long time ago, when I was 14, I made fun of a Mage in my guild for playing a female toon.

ā€œWhat do you think is more ā€œgayā€(not the right phase today), watching a animated males butt for 60 levels, or an animated female.ā€

Now I roll them about 50/50.

My main characters that I play most commonly are male. However, I have some alts that are female for a couple of reasons:
I wanted an orc rogue to goof around with in WPvP but I think itā€™s weird to have a massive, muscular, male orc sneaking around. So my rogue is female.
I also have a priest which is a troll female. I thought male troll priests looked weird casting healing spells (planning on just rolling healer on that toon).
On a different server, I have a female human pally. I was only planning on healing with that char and it seemed weird to have a human or dwarf with massive bulky arms casting flash of light.

So for me, I primarily choose gender based on the race/class combination and what I think feels/looks right. The majority are male, and if I play a female, I donā€™t pretend to be a female in game

2 Likes

A nice view. Of pixels. Of a cartoon character.
Thatā€™s actually kind of disturbing.

6 Likes