Why do I have to pay for a viable realm?

… cuz you chose to be on that server?

Nobody likes spending money but don’t be mad at blizzard because they let you make a choice lol

1 Like

Yeah in vanilla. It wasn’t dead then. Look, they can do what they want, but I’m not playing retail because it feels like a dead world. I’m probably not the only one. Telling me I have to pay $25 to play on a viable server is their prerogative. I just won’t be playing. So here’s a tip to them. If they want more retail subscribers, that will probably pay hundreds in subs, get rid of the pay wall in order to get off dead servers.

I hope this clears your doubt:
[https://youtu.be/zzWxCLnrFd0?t=6]

1 Like

FFS, make a remix toon on the server of your choice. Bam, no more issues when WW comes out.

No, I want to keep my rank 14 cosmetics. How about Blizzard just opens up transfers off dead realms, what’s the problem? How on earth could you be against this?

1 Like

Are they?

It’s not on this list.

You will still have your dresses and other cosmetics.

1 Like

Retail unlike classic has spent time and effort to cross realm a lot.

Basically at this point the only vital server only feature I recall is mythic raid. If that changed…well that would be change I missed.

Also based on classic experience…they’d monkey paw this. Free does not mean good. In the wrath freebies we had less than ideal choices. Places like Illidan, A52 and other populated centers may not be on that list. Classic got to to go freshies or say old blanchy.

By now cata…most of those less than ideal choices are actually on the soon to be killed list too.

Well if it’s so irrelevant now, it’s all the more reason to stop nickle and diming people on dead realms. I want to see chat in general chats. The world feels dead without it. I don’t want to reroll a new toon. They can do what they want. I’m just explaining why I won’t be buying the expansion or playing retail right now like I intended to try. They wanna lose money overall, that’s their prerogative.

Aggressive server mergers are long overdue, but after the last realm connections were a disaster, they haven’t done any more.

2 Likes

you realize cross realm guilds are coming with this new expac right ?

Idk how anyone can take someone like the OP seriously. Just makes me laugh

Because cross realm guilds are about to be a thing?

you can make a new toon on any realm.

I had no connection to my starting realm when I came back in Legion. All of my toons were level squished, guilds were dead, and the server had fallen off in popularity.

I did not “have to pay for a viable realm” I just rolled characters on one and leveled them.

With more cross realm features and cross faction features server choice is becoming more and more meaningless anyhow. Either level on a new server or just wait for more cross realm action to open up. You do not have to pay Blizzard anything beyond your sub fee and I would advise against doing so anyhow.

1 Like

A free suggestion would be to make a character on another busy server in the Remix and barrel it up to the 70. If and when they do something to improve your current low pop server character, you can always go back to it.

Would be weird to be retiring guild services if they weren’t.

I haven’t seen any info that they’ve changed their mind on the subject.

What are you trying to preserve that you won’t have on a new character, or even can’t easily gain again?

Well Chuck, I am on a “Full Server” and no one talks in General either, even tho, there are 1000’s of lil ants running all over town. The only chat you see is the same few people spamming for selling mythic runs. So…

2 Likes

Someone mentioned that earlier. That’s great news. Tho it doesn’t fix why I hate being on a dead realm. No one talks. No one around. Isolating desolate feel. Plus no mythic groups.

Hmm, well maybe I’m not missing out then. Could just be retail culture. Oh well.