Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

I would get rid of gear and make everyone fight naked in PVP. If you win you get sticker.

It evens out enough that a 40 ilvl difference isn’t as bad as people claim around here.

Whatchootalking about? You get the guaranteed drop from the weekly chest and it’s actually a pretty high chance that you get gear from either the end of dungeon chest or reroll token.

And, if you don’t… well you can do another mythic. Also, other people can trade you their drop in some cases.

1 Like

No. Tell me what you think happens with haste (for example)? Does someone with high item level have their haste drop when fighting someone with lower item level?

There is a lot more involved than just comparing what an ability hits for. That is why (given comparable skill) a high item level player will trash a low item level player.

3 Likes

Wod had a better gear solution, no need to balance a weird stat

1 Like

We just had someone say that he got drops in a run and no other clothie did.

Nope. They said it doesn’t affect stats just damage is scaled. If there wasn’t decent scaling, cb would one shot a lowbie. Now a fresh 120 is useless, they need to increase the scaling or just bring templates back. Even if we had vendors, fresh 120s at this point would be useless. When I say scaling is decent I mean 400+ which takes a day played to get to with minimal work.

Yes, PvP is more difficult than PvE.

The point, in spite of all this protest, is still that participation in mythic raiding, dungeons, and PvE in general are absolutely not required to perform well in random battlegrounds.

Bolded the important part

1 Like

No Twinks is not the same as mythic, not even close.
At 120 a player can do mythic and eventually be at a level playing field, not so with twinks and low level BGs.

Some thoughts from a dev on the pvp vs pve gear scaling and why its done.

Did I say it’s the same? No, I said that’s my feelings toward both.

Implied it

Well the person I wrote to was pro twinks, so I was responding to him how both are the same situation to me.

Oops, responded to myself :joy:

1 Like

Yes. Yes you are, by those that do. It’s punishment by proxy from Blizzard. However, it’s sort of unlikely as PvE, especially the higher up you go, is a commitment that leaves little time and inclination for PvP.

HP is a lot but not everything. Warlocks for example get a flat 10% bonus right off the bat and another 10% with the Demon Armor talent. That improves their HP resolution but not quite their damage resolution, from gear. So any class/spec you know that has that extra HP, you’d have to assess what kind of damage they do as someone else without that HP.

It matters the least of all variables, but it still matters. You can outplay someone, or your opponent can make a mistake, and that can decide an encounter, but that almost never happens when gear, spec, and classes affords much breathing room for someone to adjust and react.

It’s safe to say that most mythic-geared people are not eBay account buyers…

Which is funny because little instanced PvP content was added in Legion. It was still for all intents and purposes PvE-centric. I find it funny too that the mythic crowd would complain about a venue that wasn’t even the main endgame focus of the expansion.

I’m more interested in class/spec balance since that weighs more than gear and skill combined.

It’s almost unheard of because of this wonderful phenomenon called power creep.

Bolded the more important part.

That is just inherently wrong. Find me a monk even 20 ilvls below me and I will show you a pretty lopsided duel.

Yet a 410 ilvl Feral I play 2s with has beaten 435+ ilvl DKs in an Arena :joy:

Was the likes of the super geared DK bad? Yes.
Did gear make any difference? No :slight_smile:

Same with BGs.

Gear only matters when the person wearing it knows what they’re doing :wink: And for the most part, a lot of PvErs arent anywhere near as good at PvP

Lord knows how many backpeddler Rets and DKs I’ve seen in em with over 340k HP

2 Likes

Stop being so logical!

1 Like
  1. Arena is not a duel. Your partner has a huge impact on whether you win or not.

2. What happens if the DK isn’t bad?

Why is it that people who take your position never consider what happens in fights where the people have comparable skill? Is everyone with a higher item level bad?

1 Like

But, gear matters I thought… isn’t that what you preach?

The top PvPers are almost certainly doing (or have done) PvE for gear in this expansion.

2 Likes