Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

The ONLY fights that actually matter are good player versus good player. Anything else can be dismissed out of hand.

1 Like

We’re discussing in context of casual BGs though.

Yet Duels dont often take place in BGs either, except at nodes… by which the objective is to stall the offender until help arrives. This is often the strat in RBGs as well.

So all the talk about randoms should be thrown out the window

The top two have half or more pvp gear equipped. Sure, they have a handful of M+ gear but since that takes all of 30 minutes to do one, guess it doesn’t matter.

I said (or have done). They would do PvE to get to an acceptable item level for them. Once they get higher rating they can rely more on PvP rewards and do less PvE.

And, this is not even considering some of the OP items that have been raid drops. Not sure if there are any OP raid drops in 8.2 though. Haven’t seen many people complaining like they were before 8.2.

Yep, I know what you said. I also said, sure, they have a handful of mythic items. But they do have a bunch of pvp drops as well. Clearly the best way to gear is a little pve and a little pvp. However, this thread is about random BGs if you actually read the OP. I can see top 3s relying more on gear, where the top players face the top. But, randoms aren’t that. Also none of the top pvpers have even cleared a Mythic raid. It seems it’s really just M+

What makes you think that good players don’t do random BGs? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What makes you think his 410 feral he queues with isn’t a good player :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Where did I say the feral was bad? That’s right, I didn’t. What I said is that all that matters is a good player(s) vs. good players(s).

1 Like

You’re more likely to be matched against same skill players in 2s than random BGs though. But because you didn’t like that scenario you shooed it away

The problem should always come down to skill. I shouldn’t have to work that much harder to best someone because they have that much more gear.

3 Likes

I’m still missing what the top ~1% of competitive PvP’ers are doing has to do with wether or not mythic raid gear is necessary to contribute meaningfully to random battlegrounds.

Skill? Work? Gear?

My 387 ilvl Fire Mage says hi :woman_mage:

I can blow anything up regardless of HP, and lolShimmerNovaPolyRingBlockBarrier to survive infinity the sun :rofl:

Meanwhile my Priest survival flowchart consists of algebraic expressions to the n+132^10 to survive xyz class/spec/number opponents training him compared to three-stage lolMonkorDruid!

I’m not trolling ya btw… I completely agree… but you know … #BfAPvP :upside_down_face:

You’re talking 1v1. Hell, in that scenario, specs matter too.

1 Like

You picked the worst spec to give a example from fire mages can kill stuff naked if they want to

3 Likes
1 Like

Yeah I know I saw that 1 I also saw another 1 few months ago only spec in the game that can do that.

1 Like

I am talking when I fight same spec. I absolutely feel the difference when there is a significant gear difference.

Maybe they are just better? Or like Dact said in another thread, better RNG blessed them. But again, you don’t have to mythic raid for randoms like this thread suggests.

On a macro level It’s a run away train effect… the initial gear makes one side win more consistently and thus the gap increases and keeps getting harder to beat the other group. They keep gaining better gear as the opposing group stays the same… becomes harder and harder to beat them.