Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

anyone defending this like “but you dont need to b super geared in randoms” is straight up missing the point, being intentionally obtuse, or just hates PvPers for some reason. Either way, im embarrassed for you

Why should PvEers have a flat out advantage when it comes to power levels in PvP?

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE for someone who only PvPs to get even close to as powerful as someone who only PvEs…in the content that the PvPer actually does? It’s so god damn backwards i really dont understand how anyone can defend it

I can’t do nothing but PvP and then walk right into Heroic EP and beat all the people who have been farming it for weeks, why is the other way around okay?

4 Likes

Well, it’s possible, just would take a bit longer.

its actually not possible, at all.

Random drops and end of week chest. Definitely is.

r3 essences? enough AP to even unlock 3 traits in the first place (if you say island expeditions count as PvP lmfao. You also get more AP from 1 WQ than you get in a day of winning arena games)

How you gonna get to Gladiator to get high enough ilvl random drops when you’re only PvPing in the first place and it’s all raiders in 440 gear gatekeeping the challenger bracket?

I’m pretty sure if you could get to Gladiator without doing PvE in the first place then the top of the arena ladder would all be dudes in full Gladiator sets like it was for more than a decade and not dudes in full Mythic/Raid gear

you definitely can’t at all, just stop. you’re legit wrong. not possible at all.

1 Like

You get these in pvp

Ima queue into a few BGs each day on my 386 ilvl Mage which I havent touched since Season 1 … not use GPy (or better yet go Arcane) … and only equip gear from BGs and max Conquest… and then report my progress over the next couple weeks.

Only 3 possible trait come out of pvp. Which aren’t that great for a lot of specs

lol yeah ONE sh*tty R3 essence (how many slots are there again? remind me). you do not get enough AP from PvP. im not gonna do some math for some brick im trying to talk to on the internet but im pretty sure it’d take a couple years to max out your hoa through pvp alone.

why are you even trying to defend this when you’re doin such a piss poor job at it?

Good idea.

1 Like

I have actually tested dmg vs someone on the same spec against several of my specs on a few of my toons by looking at the combat logs of both my toon and the person I knew with a gear difference (be it lower or higher than mine.) With ww we would hit each other with cold rsks (meaning no procs) his average non crit hits on me showed on his end 21k and 23.5k on mine(his ilvl is 417) my average non crit hits were 33k showing for me 30k on his (myilvl 437.) My health lvl is 339,980 his a flat 247k that means my average hits according to his log would take 8 casts to zero him out, while his according to my logs would take him 15 casts to zero out mine.

1 Like

So a whole extra 9k for 20 ilvls!! That’s easily outplayable.

You are missing the point we were just sitting there hitting 1 spell to test something. That compounds pretty quickly. But let me attempt to educate you on how math works. Because I would have to cast almost half of what he would that means I would be able to kill him quicker.

So in a real fight if we casted the same amount of attacks I would kill him quicker

1 Like

If you guys are sitting there like robots, taking turns hitting each other sure, you’d have a point.

Meaning 2 equally skilled people the gear would become the deciding factor.
Also you were dismissing the fact that gear doesn’t matter all that much, when I pull out the math now you just dismiss that out of hand you are pretty hypocritical with what you will accept and what you won’t. I am done with you

3 Likes

Well we have a poster here who is less than 430 ilvl and over 2k in 3s. That was easily dismissed as well for reasons. And when are there two equally skilled players “of the same spec” in a random and allowed to fight 1v1?

What spec they playing, what partners did they have, what was the ilvl of said partners, how much lower than 430 exactly, and did I dismiss them or was it others? I am talking pure fact that played in a perfect situation gear is going to be the deciding factor, whether you like it or not

2 Likes

See? You make just as many excuses as you claim I do. My big thing is it’s randoms we are talking about. Even a 420 pleb like myself can shine and win more than lose without mythic anything. This thread you are posting in specifically states “can’t do randoms without mythic raiding.”

I am not making excuses I am asking for the actual factors. My problem isn’t winning you can still win and have a miserable time due to people out gearing you stomping you into the dirt because they have a gear advantage that is my only problem. The fact remains GEAR IS A DECIDING FACTOR, when it should not be. You say it isn’t when the math says otherwise

It isn’t because randoms are not the top 3s. Maybe top 3s need some help with gear but random Bgs are fine.