Why do I have to be a mythic raider to PvP?

No it’s not fine, gear shouldn’t ever be a deciding factor in a pvp situation.

1 Like

Omg it was in every expansion, even Legion. Where there’s alts and fresh max levels, will be some kind of gear diff.

No it was not every expansion. Because every expansion had the same ilvl gear for pvp and pvp gear was best for all pvp situations (except for mop when they nerfed pvp power and gave everyone resilience base line so wpvp was a bit wonky), minus legion which had templates.

1 Like

So you think there weren’t alts who queued up random Bgs? Multiple times I’d fight with or against fresh level 100s. Gear mattered then as it does now. Only difference then was you had to do pvp for pvp gear ( which isn’t terrible) but don’t deny everyone wasn’t equal.

I know once starting off was a little wonky but I knew once I finished the gearing process I never again needed to worry about gear. Currently how the system is designed you would have to be extremely lucky with titanforges and correct traits (and it’s arguable if you can ignore TFS) to be able to not have to worry about gear. In previous xpacs you didn’t have to worry about such a steep power curve going from season to season either.

2 Likes

Once you’re 400 you are fine for random Bgs.

The fact the potential is there means it’s not ok. How do I get that through your thick skull? The bg man be won but I guarantee that 400ilvl guy wasn’t having much fun when someone my gear lvl plows through them and they didn’t get much of a chance to play. And that is the issue I personally have with it

My 398 boomkin does fine. But I’m also a team player not trying to 1v1

I am not just talking about 1v1s, but if you want to talk team. I guarantee as long as the teams are doing the objectives and not fighting in mid/roads the team with the overall higher average ilvl if by a large margin (and I seen it plenty both my team being the vastly more geared or the other) and surprise surprise the team with the much stronger ilvl won out. As in the average ilvl of the team that loss was in the under 410 range and the winning team with 430+. With the top 5 or more spot for dmg and kbs were the team members with higher ilvl.

Before you say “oh they must just be better” being your go to response for that, I generally look at the pvp xp of both teams in this scenario just because for my own curiosity, and i seen the losing team with the lower ilvl having higher pvp achs in rbgs arens etc etc. With the winning team was just a bunch of dragon slayers doing some bgs with maybe 1550 or 1750 on average in arena and maybe like 1500 in rbgs.

And please don’t try to mention outliers to me. I am not saying every single time this happens the losing team had the higher experience, but a lot of times it was higher or at least equal in pvp experience.

Um yea like the 426 ilvl player above 2k in 3s. Only outliers work for you though. Gear is easy to come by this expansion, just spend a couple days getting it and you’re set if you really feel the need to try hard randoms. Anyway off to bed, GN!

426 is not 400. 426 is not an outlier. Also point out said person. And the spend a few days gearing is all pve solutions to the problem and our whole issue is we want pvp solutions. I feel you are just trolling at this point

1 Like

Nope not all pve. A mix. In other words, play the game.

Why do pvpers have to “hurrrrr play the entire game” but pvers dont have to?

4 Likes

Because Blizzard seems to want to have people playing their new content. You don’t have to do mythic+ or raid at all. Not to mention you can cap 500 cp without even doing any pvp.

1 Like

Yeah have fun with that base 415 ilvl gear.

That argument is trash. Get back to me when BIS raid gear comes from 1800+ arena and then try the play the whole game stuff

2 Likes

Even if they allowed you to receive more than 1 conquest reward per week it’d be an improvement on the pvp gearing side of things.

Do rated pvp and you get higher. Also, we’re up to 430, plenty high enough for capping 500 points.

If you do rated Bgs or 2s/3s you can get more than one.

Right, I just mean base conquest rewards. At least if they did it that way people could gear up quickly exclusively through pvp if they wanted to.

Even if they capped it at 2 items per week it’d be better. Not many people want to step into rated matches sub 400 ilvl.

If you are a new 120 right now you can get the 11 pieces of gear starting now. If you have been capping every week, you get the 1 but you should be well over 400 ilvl.

Well that’s a nice catch up mechanic at least, can’t argue with that.

1 Like