Why do I have no recourse to bad moderation?

Let’s get into hypothetical discussion since discussing for some reason is against the rules (I guess to protect the reddit tier mods) so a post supposed got buried and actioned. But the email stated it only received one report so if it got buried that means it was reported using alts on this broken forum a multi billion dollar company can’t get discourse to fix correct?

Why am I told different things. Why do I no way to email and point our lying, false information, or people who obviously don’t want to do thier job and give a correct answer?

If you received a forum account action, you can appeal it here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/316/1968/solution

But seeing that you’re able to post, it would seem that either the account action is over or you were simply warned.

As for how the forums currently work, if a single player were to alt-hop and report your post, the moderator would easily see that and action the person who abused the system.

However, it’s not technically broken. It’s a side-effect of us being able to choose our posting character instead of using our battle.net id.

6 Likes

If this is the attitude you post with, I can understand why you got your post buried.

Plus, the information you say you want is detailed in the blue posts at the top of this very forum.

Forum Feedback

• To provide feedback on the performance of the community team, forum moderators, or MVPs, please email wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.

Please note that while emails sent to this address will likely not receive a response, each one will be read and handled accordingly.

3 Likes

No, lets not.

I believe you know that we do take action against accounts when we identify that they are abusing reporting on the forum.

Someone abusing flags does not mean a Code of Conduct Violation in the post gets to be forgiven. Both are actioned.

Thank you Zungar. While you can submit a ticket to appeal a forum penalty, it is not the avenue to provide feedback regarding forum moderation. Nor is a “hypothetical” question posed here.

Since you know this discussion is against the Code of Conduct, I’m going to go ahead and end it.

15 Likes